Contribute
Register

[Solved] GTX 980 Nvidia Webdrivers Crash!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel(R) Core™ i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 980
I have my system more or less running using clover, but my graphics are awful, the screen flickers, and is horrible resolution, because I have to use nv_disable=1.

I tried to install the Nvidia webdrivers for Yosemite 10.10.5, but whenever I install them and it prompts a restart, I attempt to use nvda_drv=1, but the screen goes completely, black with the computer still on.

What should I do?

As of now my boot args that work but have bad graphics are: (npci=0x2000, nv_disable, kext-dev-mode-1, rootless=0, and slide=0)

and (npci=0x2000, nvda_drv=1, kext-dev-mode-1, rootless=0, and slide=0) does not work when trying to install the drivers.

Thanks!

GTX 980 Nvidia Webdrivers Crash!!!

Hi, I'm currently using the MacPro 6,1 profile. I completed #4 in your link, rebooted, then turned on Nvidia graphics which caused a reboot, I then replaced nv_disable=1 with nvda_drv=1, but the same thing happened. I got about 1/8 the way on the loading bar then the screen flashed black for a bit searching for an input...:(

did you make sure to clear kernel cache?

yep, i did

I tried booting in verbose mode to see whats going on, and this is the last thing it shows before going black...

Photo Aug 21, 3 07 35 PM.jpg

Thanks for all the help, but I figured it out, I had already changed /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/ Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = Config1 to none, but I just change all the other config2 to none as well. I then ran kext utility and restarted, then bam! it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back