Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
UPDATE (SOLUTION): Was only black screening on two of the three HDMI ports from my graphics card (Gigabyte 1050 Ti G1 Gaming). The one that works 100% of the time is the one farthest from the DP (or closest to the bottom?). Other than that port, all other HDMI ports don't work. The DVI port also works. The HDMI/DVI ports that work can function as either the main thing or secondary screen. The DP probably works too, but I don't have the connector to check.

UPDATE 05/15/17: I purchased a DP > HDMI adapter mainly to see if I could get HDMI audio to work since I heard that DP audio works in Pascal (it did, but that's unrelated to this forum), but for those wondering about the DP, I am confirming that it works as well. So to summarize for my GPU as of this date and with Sierra 10.12.4 installed: HDMI port farthest from the DP, the DVI port, and the DP all pass the black screen, but the other two HDMI's do not.

Hello,

This is the last thing I can't seem to get working on my new build (other than audio, but I have a USB Dac to get me by). It is a dual-boot build with Windows 10 (just in case that matters to my problem), and the card runs fine on the Windows side. My problem is that halfway into the boot at the Apple loading screen, I get a black screen as if my display goes to sleep. However, I can still here my computer running and no clicking/using of the keyboard brings the display back. Attached is my plist and ioreg, but here are some additional notes:

+ Connected via HDMI Although I did get discouraged for a moment because the screen went black, then came back on after a couple seconds.
+ Most recent Pascal driver installed (378.05 I believe)
+ Installed Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into System/Library (A few threads mentioned to put these into the Clover/kexts/Other)
+ I have tried Internal Graphics Auto AND Disabled in BIOS
+ Changed SMBIOS to almost everything under the sun (5,1/ 6,1/ 14,2/ 17,1/ 16,2/ 13,2). I currently have 17,1 with a 14,2 board-ID because of another thread on this forum. I believe this should be visible in the plist
+ I have the EmuVariable driver for my nvram since my board doesn't natively support NVRAM (I'm assuming since the 100 series Gigabyte boards didn't, and I have a 200 series). Also, I tested to make sure it works by testing the TestVar=Helloworld commands in Terminal
+ I looked that the [READ THIS FIRST] thread before posting as well (I think everything listed above should reflect that)
+ I tried a clean install, but it didn't work. So I took a serious shot-in-the-dark and tried using someone else's plist (which is what I currently have)

I think that is everything. If I recall anything else, I will be sure to edit this post.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 282
  • ioreg.zip
    593.8 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Hi

I've got that fixed by updating to clover r4061 and most important to add (you have to choose custom install) the EmuVariableUefi-64 in the section Drivers64UEFI. I also disabled the web drivers injection and just let the Nvidia system panel on "use web drivers".

Let me know if you need my config.plist. I'm quite new to hackintosh, so do not expect perfect configuration files. But at least it helped me to use my gtx 1050 ti.

Cheers

Hi

I've got that fixed by updating to clover r4061 and most important to add (you have to choose custom install) the EmuVariableUefi-64 in the section Drivers64UEFI. I also disabled the web drivers injection and just let the Nvidia system panel on "use web drivers".

Let me know if you need my config.plist. I'm quite new to hackintosh, so do not expect perfect configuration files. But at least it helped me to use my gtx 1050 ti.

Cheers

I have Multibeast 9.1, which includes clover v4061 and have already applied the same things you did. If you don't mind attaching your plist, that'd be great! I appreciate the input.

+ Connected via HDMI

Decided to put my hopes in it being a hardware issue over a software issue, so I tried out the DVI port because I had an extra cord lying around, AND IT WORKED. Full graphics acceleration and everything. I have a second monitor that I want to run, so Ill see if HDMI will work if it's running as my second monitor. Will update when I try that one out.

Glad to hear that. There are some other points to solve, I guess. My 1050 doesn't take a HDMI and DVI configuration with two new monitors I did install. Therefore you don't need my config.plist?

Hello Alika,

Can you tell me what other configuration you have than the DVI Port. I'm having same issue with my GeForce GTX 1050.
1. Do still have installed Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into System/Library ?
2. Which SMBIOS you are using right now?
3. Internal Graphics is in Auto, Enabled or Disabled in BIOS?
4. Do you have the EmuVariable driver installed?
5. Are you using the Latest MultiBeast 9.1 to install the Boot Loader and EmuVariable?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi toriqul,

1) Yes, but I have those installed into System/Library/Extensions (But Im sure that's what you meant). Be sure to install these BEFORE installing your Nvidia drivers.
2) My SMBIOS is 17,1 BUT I am using the board ID for 14,2
3) Internal Graphics is set to Disabled in BIOS
4) I do have EmuVariable driver installed
5) Yes

I attached my .plist if you want to try it out, but I recommend backing up yours before trying it out. Also, please update your profile so that others can see the system you're working with.

Thank you for your reply I'll try this out.

Another thing is on my mind that do you see your graphics model number in Clover BootLoader under Graphics Injection section?
Mine is showing unknown. Though if I boot I can hear sound when I press EnterKey on my keyboard.

Thanks again for the config.plist you shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back