Motherboard
Asus TUF FX504GE (Clover)
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630, Nvidia 1050ti, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My graphics card is the Nvidia 1050ti as written in my bio. It is not showing in clover in the graphics injector part. It says only one graphics card is there(Intel) but when looking at system information it tells me there are 2. Problem reporting files attached.

Attachments

• debug_9480.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
My graphics card is the Nvidia 1050ti as written in my bio. It is not showing in clover in the graphics injector part. It says only one graphics card is there(Intel) but when looking at system information it tells me there are 2. Problem reporting files attached.

Clover just doesn't recognize your device:
0:140 0:000 PCI (00|01:00.00) : 10DE 1C8C class=030200

But it doesn't matter as you can't do anything with it in Clover anyway.

Clover just doesn't recognize your device:
0:140 0:000 PCI (00|01:00.00) : 10DE 1C8C class=030200

But it doesn't matter as you can't do anything with it in Clover anyway.
Thank you. I have installed Mojave in my device but often than not it keeps going to a black screen at the end of loading the OS even when I boot with same configs. I thought it was related to this thing. Also, my Intel graphics are working and there has never been an instance that they were not working. means, I either have fully working graphics or the screen is black. The problem reporting files are same.

Thank you. I have installed Mojave in my device but often than not it keeps going to a black screen at the end of loading the OS even when I boot with same configs. I thought it was related to this thing. Also, my Intel graphics are working and there has never been an instance that they were not working. means, I either have fully working graphics or the screen is black. The problem reporting files are same.

Did you disable the Nvidia via ACPI patches?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Did you implement backlight control?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Did you disable the Nvidia via ACPI patches?

Yes, I did. This did not solve my problem though. Used a DSDT from your git. It worked fine. The GPU is disabled.

Did you implement backlight control?

No. I couldn't deassemble the ACPI files. They were taken by pressing F4 at clover. Gives ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS. Attached Origin files and Terminal Output (with command given) respectively. I have checked if the files are duplicate or not. No duplicate is there. Also upon checking after removing one file at a time to check for a successful reassemble I found that the SSDT-6.aml gives the problems. Also when removing "-da" from command the files deassemble all fine.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    81.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Terminal.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 55
Yes, I did. This did not solve my problem though. Used a DSDT from your git. It worked fine. The GPU is disabled.

No. I couldn't deassemble the ACPI files. They were taken by pressing F4 at clover. Gives ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS. Attached Origin files and Terminal Output (with command given) respectively. I have checked if the files are duplicate or not. No duplicate is there. Also upon checking after removing one file at a time to check for a successful reassemble I found that the SSDT-6.aml gives the problems. Also when removing "-da" from command the files deassemble all fine.

Backlight control does not involve ACPI disassembly.
Please read the guide carefully.
If you have an issue, you must attach PR files.

Backlight control does not involve ACPI disassembly.
Please read the guide carefully.
If you have an issue, you must attach PR files.
Followed the guide carefully( moving SSDT patch, installing kext at /L/E, Adding the entry at config/kextstopatch, gfx02igpu) and this happened.
1. The backlight went off as soon as the OS started loading(Earlier used to go off at the end of loading)
2. The thing is that after I login blindly and put the lappy to sleep and wake it again, the backlight worked. Sometimes with brightness slider being there (slider works). Although when seen at system report RehabMan's backlight injector is not loaded. Default apple display drivers are working.

P.S.: As stated earlier my Intel graphics are working. Earlier got detected as CLR RRB or something, now after proper SMBIOS and Graphics injection detected as UHD 630 1536MB. The DDGPU is off using an SSDT by RehabMan.

Attachments

• debug_16126.zip
    2 MB · Views: 60
Followed the guide carefully( moving SSDT patch, installing kext at /L/E, Adding the entry at config/kextstopatch, gfx02igpu) and this happened.
1. The backlight went off as soon as the OS started loading(Earlier used to go off at the end of loading)
2. The thing is that after I login blindly and put the lappy to sleep and wake it again, the backlight worked. Sometimes with brightness slider being there (slider works). Although when seen at system report RehabMan's backlight injector is not loaded. Default apple display drivers are working.

P.S.: As stated earlier my Intel graphics are working. Earlier got detected as CLR RRB or something, now after proper SMBIOS and Graphics injection detected as UHD 630 1536MB. The DDGPU is off using an SSDT by RehabMan.

MacBookPro15,2 is a better choice than MacBookPro15,1.

Backlight control is correctly configured (looking at your files).
AppleBacklightInjector.kext not expected to be in loaded kext list. It is a codeless kext and they don't appear "loaded" (no code to load).

Your next step should be to debug the IGPU backlight registers (I would start with IntelBacklight.kext, and hack it up so it only does debugs of the backlight on a timer). That way you can discover what is different between system startup and after a display sleep/wake cycle.

Also would be useful to read the CoffeeLake IGPU data sheet/programmers guide from Intel. I suspect the IGPU backlight PWM register layout is different on CFL vs. SKL/KBL, which will require changes in SSDT-PNLF.aml.

BTW, some have reported that the internal screen comes back by itself after 3 mins. Does yours?

Also, you have CSM/legacy boot enabled?

MacBookPro15,2 is a better choice than MacBookPro15,1.
The MBP15,2 has a U CPU while the MBP15,1 has a H CPU{Specifically the 8750H/8950H(different models here too) same as mine} so I thought it would be better to use the MBP15,1 SMBIOS with the MBP15,1 ig-platform ID (has UHD 630) for my laptop.
Your next step should be to debug the IGPU backlight registers (I would start with IntelBacklight.kext, and hack it up so it only does debugs of the backlight on a timer). That way you can discover what is different between system startup and after a display sleep/wake cycle.
There in the Backlight injector guide it is told to remove the IntelBacklight.kext. Should I patch put it there? Also if there is a guide please do tell. I am new to patching DSDT n all.
BTW, some have reported that the internal screen comes back by itself after 3 mins. Does yours?
Will check and tell soon.
Also, you have CSM/legacy boot enabled?
My BIOS doesn't give me that Option. Pure UEFI.
Also would be useful to read the CoffeeLake IGPU data sheet/programmers guide from Intel. I suspect the IGPU backlight PWM register layout is different on CFL vs. SKL/KBL, which will require changes in SSDT-PNLF.aml.
I don't think I would be able to make any sense of what I will read though I will make sure to go through it and try to make sense of it.

The backlight comes back after 3 minutes exact. Seems that there is a timer that starts at startup. Gotta remove it. Please suggest what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back