Contribute
Register

[solved] GPU HD5300 problems (on Core-M 5Y70)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here they are

Attachments

• debug_27891.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
Disabled FakeID. I am clueless which ig-platform-id to use.. I have tried:

0x161e0000
0x161e0001
0x16260004
0x16260006

All of those are good ones to try.

All of those are good ones to try.
None of them worked sadly, do you happen to have more? Should I go and try all the ones mentioned in the AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer patch? I will do that and report back later.

None of them worked sadly, do you happen to have more? Should I go and try all the ones mentioned in the AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer patch? I will do that and report back later.

You will need to provide details on "none of them worked".
What exactly didn't work?

You will need to provide details on "none of them worked".
What exactly didn't work?

In all cases the laptop didn't boot, one of two cases would happen: either it flashed during the boot and showed a black screen or it flashed, and got stuck after a while.

I'll try to provide problem reporting files for all of them later.

Installed debug version of Lilu.kext and CoreDisplayFixup.kext in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other as per instructions: https://github.com/PMheart/CoreDisplayFixup/blob/master/Instructions.md (I didn't remove my release version of Lilu.kext from /S/L/E, but that shouldn't matter right?)

Results are exactly the same. Note that with ig-platform-id 0x12345678 I am able to boot up, and About this Mac shows my graphics card.

Installed debug version of Lilu.kext and CoreDisplayFixup.kext in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other as per instructions: https://github.com/PMheart/CoreDisplayFixup/blob/master/Instructions.md (I didn't remove my release version of Lilu.kext from /S/L/E, but that shouldn't matter right?)

Results are exactly the same. Note that with ig-platform-id 0x12345678 I am able to boot up, and About this Mac shows my graphics card.

Lilu.kext and Lilu-based plugins should be installed to /L/E, not /S/L/E.
(less likely you'll need LiluFriend that way)

Lilu.kext caused kernel panic, your version doesn't kp.

Then I compiled your debug version and used it to compile CoreDisplayFixup.kext, causes kp. Both kexts were in /L/E/ in all cases.

Here's the backtrace, it's hard to read from the picture:

Code:
as.vit9696.Lilu(1.2.2)[E650D28F-9633-3AA0-A938-35E22D295566]@0xffffff7f80b88008->0xffffff7f80bf1fff

What further steps do you recommend? I will be opening a GitHub issue as well.

Attachments

• IMG-0900.JPG
    IMG-0900.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
Lilu.kext caused kernel panic, your version doesn't kp.

Then I compiled your debug version and used it to compile CoreDisplayFixup.kext, causes kp. Both kexts were in /L/E/ in all cases.

Here's the backtrace, it's hard to read from the picture:

Code:
as.vit9696.Lilu(1.2.2)[E650D28F-9633-3AA0-A938-35E22D295566]@0xffffff7f80b88008->0xffffff7f80bf1fff

What further steps do you recommend? I will be opening a GitHub issue as well.

You must have built the kext incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back