Contribute
Register

[solved] GPU HD5300 problems (on Core-M 5Y70)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FAQ made it clear, can't boot so picture and CLOVER without themes is in the zip.

Attachments

• problem_reporting.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 95
FAQ made it clear, can't boot so picture and CLOVER without themes is in the zip.

As per FAQ, you must use an invalid ig-platform-id due to your 4k display.
Because you can't expect the internal display to work without patching for the pixel clock limit.
You can use CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext.
And you will probably need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext as well.
Remove ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml... it is not needed with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.

As per FAQ, you must use an invalid ig-platform-id due to your 4k display.
Because you can't expect the internal display to work without patching for the pixel clock limit.
You can use CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext.
And you will probably need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext as well.
Remove ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml... it is not needed with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.

High Sierra is already installed, I just can’t get my graphics working: booting with correct ig-platform-id gives boot hang. Booting with invalid ig-platform-id makes it boot just fine, but it isn’t very pleasant to use.

I am already using CoreDisplayFixup and Lilu (they’re in /L/E/ as you suggested) but not IntelGraphicsFixup yet, I’ll try that next.

I generated SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh for native power management. Do I still remove it?

High Sierra is already installed, I just can’t get my graphics working: booting with correct ig-platform-id gives boot hang. Booting with invalid ig-platform-id makes it boot just fine, but it isn’t very pleasant to use.

I am already using CoreDisplayFixup and Lilu (they’re in /L/E/ as you suggested) but not IntelGraphicsFixup yet, I’ll try that next.

No kextcache output provided, so no way to verify that you have CoreDisplayFixup.kext installed properly.

I generated SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh for native power management. Do I still remove it?

Yes.
ssdtPRgen.sh is not necessary with Haswell and later.
And it conflicts with your current config.plist settings (as already mentioned).

No kextcache output provided, so no way to verify that you have CoreDisplayFixup.kext installed properly.

I'm not sure what you mean by "kextcache output", so I provided kextstat output.

Deleted SSDT as well.

Attachments

• kextstat_output.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 124
Attached it.

Attachments

• debug_30763.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
Attached it.

HECI should be renamed IMEI.
You're booting with an invalid ig-platform-id (graphics not expected to work properly).
Use valid ig-platform-id and external monitor to help debug your internal panel.
You may need to inject EDID (config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true).

HECI should be renamed IMEI.
First I edited DSDT, compiled, generated .aml file. Put it in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, but I didn't trust this. Besides config.plist is easier :)

I did config.plist->ACPI->DSDT->Patches: Find: <48454349> Replace: <494d4549> (These are hex for HECI and IMEI respectively)

You're booting with an invalid ig-platform-id (graphics not expected to work properly).

I know.. I can't get it to boot at all with the correct(0x16260006, 0x161e0001 and 0x161e0000) ig-platform-id. What happens with correct ig-platform-id is it gets stuck during bootload. See pic attached. So I generate problem reporting files after booting with 0x12345678.

Side note: I properly set the framebuffer fix for 0x161e0001 and 0x161e0000 (I will be posting a pull request sometime soon on github). Now there's no KP for those anymore and I get the same result (stuck during bootload) for the three ig-platform-id's.

EDID is now injected.

Screen doesn't go black, it just stops loading so no need for external screen debugging.

Attachments

• debug_26859.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 101
First I edited DSDT, compiled, generated .aml file. Put it in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, but I didn't trust this. Besides config.plist is easier :)

I did config.plist->ACPI->DSDT->Patches: Find: <48454349> Replace: <494d4549> (These are hex for HECI and IMEI respectively)

I know.. I can't get it to boot at all with the correct(0x16260006, 0x161e0001 and 0x161e0000) ig-platform-id. What happens with correct ig-platform-id is it gets stuck during bootload. See pic attached. So I generate problem reporting files after booting with 0x12345678.

Side note: I properly set the framebuffer fix for 0x161e0001 and 0x161e0000 (I will be posting a pull request sometime soon on github). Now there's no KP for those anymore and I get the same result (stuck during bootload) for the three ig-platform-id's.

EDID is now injected.

Screen doesn't go black, it just stops loading so no need for external screen debugging.

You seem to not have my build of FakeSMC.kext installed.
You might want to go back to the beginning:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Upon fresh install, focus on getting graphics working before moving on to other things.

Make sure other kexts you are using are also up-to-date.

Keep in mind an external monitor may work in cases that the internal display does not (esp. a 1080p monitor).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back