Contribute
Register

[solved] GPU HD5300 problems (on Core-M 5Y70)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh okay, I will try again, I'm just entering my credentials at signing, selecting 10.13 for target and pressing the play button.

Also could you provide a debug build of your Lilu.kext?

Ps the error was as.vit9696.Lilu(1.2.2)[E650D28F-9633-3AA0-A938-35E22D295566]@0xffffff7f80b88000->0xffffff7f80bf1fff

I made a typo

Also could you provide a debug build of your Lilu.kext?

No need.
I currently only build the release kext.
It is available on my bitbucket site.

Alright tried it with both pre built release kexts, same kernel panic. So I didn't do the build process faulty. (Maybe I did but it doesn't matter now).

Any ideas what is happening?

Code:
 sudo nvram -c
doesn't help either

Alright tried it with both pre built release kexts, same kernel panic. So I didn't do the build process faulty. (Maybe I did but it doesn't matter now).

Any ideas what is happening?

Code:
 sudo nvram -c
doesn't help either

Is the KP real, or just a KP report from an old KP?
If old KP, then you have an NVRAM problem, nothing to do with Lilu/etc.
Do CMOS reset and make sure you have correct NVRAM configuration (EmuVariableUefi-64.efi + RC scripts).

Apparently I had EmuVariableUefi-64.efi + RC scripts while I didn't need it at all (I have native VRAM). So I removed it, rebooted it, didn't help. I got a different error code though so progress!

The thing that worked was (surprisingly?) updating to the latest macOS, and after installing CoreDisplayFixup I no longer got KP and kextstat shows it is loaded right after Lilu.

The ig-platform-id's with appropriate patches still don't work, graphics still shows 21MB. What do I do now that I have CoreDisplayFixup working?

Apparently I had EmuVariableUefi-64.efi + RC scripts while I didn't need it at all (I have native VRAM). So I removed it, rebooted it, didn't help. I got a different error code though so progress!

The thing that worked was (surprisingly?) updating to the latest macOS, and after installing CoreDisplayFixup I no longer got KP and kextstat shows it is loaded right after Lilu.

The ig-platform-id's with appropriate patches still don't work, graphics still shows 21MB. What do I do now that I have CoreDisplayFixup working?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

See attached file. (I changed SMBIOS to MacBook8,1)

Attachments

• debug_29178.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
I changed the ig-platform-id to 0x16260006 (which is valid) and the SMBIOS to MacBookAir6,2 again. While booting the screen flashed once (it went black for half a second, and the hue of black changed on the background). Attached in the pic you can see the -v log, I feel like we're close.. (can see [IGPU])

Also, sadly it shows 21MB of VRAM even after changing DVMT pre alloc to 96MB (setup_var 018c 0x4):

Code:
Intel HD Graphics 5300:

Chipset Model:    Intel HD Graphics 5300

Type:    GPU

Bus:    Built-In

VRAM (Total):    21 MB

VRAM (Dynamic, Max):

Vendor:    Intel

Device ID:    0x161e

Revision ID:    0x0008

Kernel Extension Info:    No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution:    1600 x 900

Framebuffer Depth:    24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display:    Yes

Mirror:    Off

Online:    Yes

Automatically Adjust Brightness:    No

Yes, I did use the patch in the config.plist on your github. <- as a failsafe in the case my DVMT pre alloc didn't work after all

Can't generate problem reporting files when it's stuck in boot, should I generate with invalid ig-platform-id? (only way I can boot)

Attachments

• IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I changed the ig-platform-id to 0x16260006 (which is valid) and the SMBIOS to MacBookAir6,2 again. While booting the screen flashed once (it went black for half a second, and the hue of black changed on the background). Attached in the pic you can see the -v log, I feel like we're close.. (can see [IGPU])

Also, sadly it shows 21MB of VRAM even after changing DVMT pre alloc to 96MB (setup_var 018c 0x4):

Code:
Intel HD Graphics 5300:

Chipset Model:    Intel HD Graphics 5300

Type:    GPU

Bus:    Built-In

VRAM (Total):    21 MB

VRAM (Dynamic, Max):

Vendor:    Intel

Device ID:    0x161e

Revision ID:    0x0008

Kernel Extension Info:    No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution:    1600 x 900

Framebuffer Depth:    24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display:    Yes

Mirror:    Off

Online:    Yes

Automatically Adjust Brightness:    No

Yes, I did use the patch in the config.plist on your github. <- as a failsafe in the case my DVMT pre alloc didn't work after all

Can't generate problem reporting files when it's stuck in boot, should I generate with invalid ig-platform-id? (only way I can boot)

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back