Contribute
Register

[solved] GPU HD5300 problems (on Core-M 5Y70)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a vanilla install with the following kexts:

Code:
AppleALC.kext
CoreDisplayFixup.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
Shiki.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

The trick seemed to be to change FakeID to 0x161e8086

Now I have QE/CI and About this Mac shows 1536 MB VRAM. Thank you so much RehabMan :)

Edit: Now I gotta figure out how to close/mark this solved.. Guide incoming when I have the touchpad working (if there's interest with such an old machine.. doubt it)

Last edited:
The trick seemed to be to change FakeID to 0x161e8086

Your native ID is 0x161e, so no need to inject the same device-id.

Edit: Now I gotta figure out how to close/mark this solved..

I will mark as solved.

Your native ID is 0x161e, so no need to inject the same device-id.

That's what I thought too, and that is the weird thing about all this. Without it I don't get QE/CI and VRAM.

The initial idea was to inject HD4600 or HD4400's FakeID and have this kext: FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

Then I tried 0x161e8086 as a "what the heck, why not?" and it miraculously works. I still wonder *why* it works though...

That's what I thought too, and that is the weird thing about all this. Without it I don't get QE/CI and VRAM.

It is possible you're doing something else to inject a bad device-id... maybe even something Clover is doing by default.
You should be able to determine from ioreg. (you didn't attach it).

The initial idea was to inject HD4600 or HD4400's FakeID and have this kext: FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

Haswell IDs not likely to work with Broadwell.

Then I tried 0x161e8086 as a "what the heck, why not?" and it miraculously works. I still wonder *why* it works though...

Maybe you installed FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext when it was not needed... (and then had something else going on to make FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext load... or something Clover is doing by default).

FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext does not load for device 0x161e.
Injecting a FakeID 0x161e will have no effect when the native device id is already 0x161e unless Clover was injecting a default FakeID other than 0x161e...

good afternoon I have the same problem as my friend, I've tried everything, the image only starts with 12345678, if you leave it like here in the post, you get a black screen. Would you help me? my machine is a lenovo yoga 3 pro 5y70 Hd5300

Attachments

• relatorio.txt
    94.7 KB · Views: 221
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back