Contribute
Register

[Solved] GeForce 680 Compatible with High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it also possible to update to 10.13.4 now from my 10.13.1 ?
Yes you can update to 13.4.
You can go all the way to 10.13.6. but please note there are changes to the way updates are done in the final version (10.13.6) of macOS High Sierra. Please read about it before embarking to prevent surprises.
I go the extent of cloning my current disk that is working perfectly as an insurance against upgrade mishaps! I also keep a working USB installer disk in my armamentarium.
If you are using an HFS+ drive , it will get converted to APFS when updating to 10.13.6
So it’s a good idea to have the apfs.efi for 10.13.6 downloaded from Tonymac or a combination of PartitionDxe-64.efi + ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi in drivers64UEFI folder. if you already have an APFS formatted drive, make sure you are using the latest version of apfs.efi.
Make sure Nvidia Webdriver to be updated if applicable.

Since I had been doing dual-booting with Linux and Windows for a long time, it was easy for me to incorporate Mac into the mix after CLOVER became the preferred Bootloader for Hackintoshing. I would suggest you to read the great Guides by
Going Bald: Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives. You may post there for some good tips and answers. I'll try to check that Forum from time to time and lend a hand if you need.
I had a couple issues installing WINDOWS 10. I made a post here if you wanted to share any of your wisdom :)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/windows-10-installation-stops-at-setup.260651/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back