Contribute
Register

[Solved] GeForce 680 Compatible with High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just followed your instructions. Here is what happened followed by my questions to you.

I am now able to run off my Graphics Card, but when it. Loads on the Apple Logo screen, right around 75% of the load, it crashes (turns off) and then i have to turn the machine back on.

That is as far as I've gone with this. Good improvements so far! Almost.

QUESTIONS:

- What version BIOS do you have?
- you uploaded two images of Peripherals (they have different options on both screens...) how are all those options possible? What you saw on MY Screenshot is all that I see. Is there a secret to revealing more options?
What version BIOS do you have?
F-12 (2014) [See image]

- you uploaded two images of Peripherals (they have different options on both screens...) how are all those options possible?

• You should first choose Init Display First( Initialization of First Display option) and make it specific: IGFX or PEG .
    • Click open "Drop Down box" to choose from.
    • Do not select "AUTO" from the drop down box as you have done
      • or came as default
  • [ I have uploaded composite image]

I am now able to run off my Graphics Card, but when it. Loads on the Apple Logo screen, right around 75% of the load, it crashes (turns off) and then i have to turn the machine back on.

You did something wrong in the BIOS or is your Nvidia still inside the case? Are all disconnected cables back inside their respective sockets/ports firmly and securely.
Example: HDMI video cable from Video port of Computer to Video Port of Monitor, OK?

Often the best second opinion is going over previous steps; "what I have done to cause the problem"?. That is my way of analysis.

Attachments

• BIOS_GA-Z77X-UP5TH.png
    BIOS_GA-Z77X-UP5TH.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Init Displays IGFX Vs PEG.png
    Init Displays IGFX Vs PEG.png
    427.7 KB · Views: 70
F-12 (2014) [See image]

• You should first choose Init Display First( Initialization of First Display option) and make it specific: IGFX or PEG .
      • or came as default

You did something wrong in the BIOS or is your Nvidia still inside the case? Are all disconnected cables back inside their respective sockets/ports firmly and securely.
Example: HDMI video cable from Video port of Computer to Video Port of Monitor, OK?

Often the best second opinion is going over previous steps; "what I have done to cause the problem"?. That is my way of analysis.
Edit: One more thing. Before you click the device from CBM screen, make. final check of Boot options including Graphics Injector-> menu to make sure you got all you really wanted.

F-12 (2014) [See image]

• or came as default

IT WORKS!
I have my Graphics Card in - I did like you said, and made the changes in Clover Config & Bios.

My only issue at this point is the slowness/sluggishness of the system - which is unlike the speed I had when I was on El Capitan with this system. Even from the boot of Clover to Sign in, was pretty laborious.

Here are photos of my Clover Configurator. Any ideas to fully get this Mac on it's feet and running at full speed?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.48.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.48.55 AM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.00 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.04 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 91
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.06 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 82
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.08 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.11 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.14 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.15 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.17 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.21 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 5.49.23 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 79
IT WORKS!
I have my Graphics Card in - I did like you said, and made the changes in Clover Config & Bios.

My only issue at this point is the slowness/sluggishness of the system - which is unlike the speed I had when I was on El Capitan with this system. Even from the boot of Clover to Sign in, was pretty laborious.

Here are photos of my Clover Configurator. Any ideas to fully get this Mac on it's feet and running at full speed?
have my Graphics Card in
Intel HD 4000 or Nvidia GTX 680?
I can interpret the uploaded images properly only if I know the Video card used to connect the monitor.
I see [√] Inject Intel without any FakeID and ig-platform-id for Intel HD 4000 and no [√] NvidiaWeb for GTX 680!
Are you getting full acceleration of whatever video you have?

Intel HD 4000 or Nvidia GTX 680?
I can interpret the uploaded images properly only if I know the Video card used to connect the monitor.
I see [√] Inject Intel without any FakeID and ig-platform-id for Intel HD 4000 and no [√] NvidiaWeb for GTX 680!
Are you getting full acceleration of whatever video you have?
I put the GTX680 in.
But the HDMI is running through the Mobo. It seems that as I restart and refresh, its a bit less laggy.... but I still feel the lag and load in some items/apps.

How do I find out officially what the acceleration is? Is there an app?

I put the GTX680 in.
But the HDMI is running through the Mobo. It seems that as I restart and refresh, its a bit less laggy.... but I still feel the lag and load in some items/apps.

I put the GTX680 in.
But the HDMI is running through the Mobo.

In this scenario:

• BIOS _Peripherals must be like in the image uploaded to this,. named 4.BIOS Peripherals for IGFX
  • the config.plist must be like images 2 and 3

No specific test but your visual experience :
  • LaunchPad through Dock icon (clicking in and out of LaunchPad should be quick and totally smooth)
  • DVD player app -> Help Menu -> Show Supported Features (all should be enabled)
  • Desktop switching through Ctrl-Up/Ctrl-Down/Ctrl-Left/Ctrl-Right (should be quick and smooth)
  • Desktop and Screen Saver PrefPane (all desktop pictures and screen savers should show Ok)
Without graphics acceleration, system will feel laggy and graphics glitches will occur.

Attachments

• 4.BIOS Peripherals for IGFX .png
    4.BIOS Peripherals for IGFX .png
    153.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 3.config.plist_Graphics for Intel HD 4000.png
    3.config.plist_Graphics for Intel HD 4000.png
    395.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 2.config.plist-Devicves  for Intel HD 4000.png
    2.config.plist-Devicves for Intel HD 4000.png
    453.1 KB · Views: 135
In this scenario:

• BIOS _Peripherals must be like in the image uploaded to this,. named 4.BIOS Peripherals for IGFX
  • the config.plist must be like images 2 and 3

No specific test but your visual experience :
  • LaunchPad through Dock icon (clicking in and out of LaunchPad should be quick and totally smooth)
  • DVD player app -> Help Menu -> Show Supported Features (all should be enabled)
  • Desktop switching through Ctrl-Up/Ctrl-Down/Ctrl-Left/Ctrl-Right (should be quick and smooth)
  • Desktop and Screen Saver PrefPane (all desktop pictures and screen savers should show Ok)
Without graphics acceleration, system will feel laggy and graphics glitches will occur.
THANKS!!! I'd say my problem is 100% Solved. Thank you for being so gracious and patient with me. I see you helping others too, you're very kind to take the time for people the way you do. I want you to know that!

Where should I start for learning how to do what you did for having Windows run on this machine too?

THANKS!!! I'd say my problem is 100% Solved. Thank you for being so gracious and patient with me. I see you helping others too, you're very kind to take the time for people the way you do. I want you to know that!

Where should I start for learning how to do what you did for having Windows run on this machine too?
THANKS!!! I'd say my problem is 100% Solved. Thank you for being so gracious and patient with me.
Thank you for your kind words.
I have not forgotten the road I too had to travel 10 years ago trying to figure out 'Hackintoshing' from Forums like this and feeling confused and lost. Learning from the writings of RehabMan , Toleda and others like them from this and other Forums and a desire to make the experiences of others less stressful started from my own personal travail. I am just paying back to TonymacX for the help I got from the great Tonymac Guides and write-up here and watching the the Moderators fielding the questions here day in and day out.
Since I had been doing dual-booting with Linux and Windows for a long time, it was easy for me to incorporate Mac into the mix after CLOVER became the preferred Bootloader for Hackintoshing. I would suggest you to read the great Guides by
Going Bald: Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives. You may post there for some good tips and answers. I'll try to check that Forum from time to time and lend a hand if you need.

I have not forgotten the road I too had to travel 10 years ago trying to figure out 'Hackintoshing' from Forums like this and feeling confused and lost. Learning from the writings of RehabMan , Toleda and others like them from this and other Forums and a desire to make the experiences of others less stressful started from my own personal travail. I am just paying back to TonymacX for the help I got from the great Tonymac Guides and write-up here and watching the the Moderators fielding the questions here day in and day out.

Since I had been doing dual-booting with Linux and Windows for a long time, it was easy for me to incorporate Mac into the mix after CLOVER became the preferred Bootloader for Hackintoshing. I would suggest you to read the great Guides by
Going Bald: Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives. You may post there for some good tips and answers. I'll try to check that Forum from time to time and lend a hand if you need.
I appreciate every written word from you! I'm taking your advice.

God bless you.

Is it also possible to update to 10.13.4 now from my 10.13.1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back