Contribute
Register

[Solved] Fresh install Sierra on Samsung NVMe 950 pro, Z170MX Gaming 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm okay,
https://www.tonymacx86.com/categories/laptops.116/
this section is a little bit wild.

I think rather to start with some smart lecture to understand about configuring SMBIOS and howto use clover configurator in order to setup a laptop which has not yet an OSX install on it.

Anyway I will open a topic on the laptop section in order to centralize all the info about that new laptop.

Thanks already for all the info your provided me ;).

To be honest I've built a few hackintoshes now, each one slightly easier than it's predecessor, but I'm still not game to try and make a hackintosh laptop. from my understanding you're really jumping in the deep end. I wish you all the best though!

I'm not afraid and like to give myself some challenge to achieve. the laptop I just ordered is like 700$ 'Topstar U931 Ultrabook Core I5-6200U - 128GB SM951 M. 2, PCIe NVMe'
And if I really don't succeed I will stick to an ubuntu solution.
My old Macbook from 2010 is falling apart (trackpad, dead pixels, and some random OSX crash..)

I have to admit that with the time I'm getting addict to some ease of use from OSX world:
-itunes/iPhone sync
-iMessage sync and use
-Adobe suite.
-iMovie
-intuitivity of the OS in general
-Apple Tv connectivity

but 3000$ for a new mbp... I just can't (yes..not really interested with the first price basic laptop from Mac),... and I start to miss my time when I was young and hacking tweaking my ubuntu desktop and first laptop. So If I can get back some fun and try to run OSX on this new laptop, I will have a lot of fun. :).

Cheers,

Hi, I search a running setup for Sierra instzallation, kext's BIOS Setup, and so on for the

- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
- I5-7500 CPU

I made allready a boot USB with unibeast, but stuck on KernalPanick at boot. I still can change the CPU if this made problems, but I would like to keep it.

I am allready 5 Days long trying and reading. But no idea...

Please help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back