Contribute
Register

[Solved] Ethernet not working, but I have IntelMausiEthernet.kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z270 GAMING M3
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1070Ti 8G Overclocked
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi all,
My issue is that my wifi works fine, but my ethernet is not working at all on my Mac side.

I dual boot, and something that is interesting to me is:
1. macOS High Sierra 10.13.3: WiFi works fine, but Ethernet does not work at all.
2. Windows 10: Ethernet works fine, but WiFi does not work at all.
I'm struggling here because I have IntelMausiEthernet.kext already installed (full list below).

MoBo: MSI Z270 Gaming M3

Please help :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 22.58.19.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 22.58.19.png
    225.1 KB · Views: 1,576
Delete the IntelE1000.kext and reboot, might fix the problem.

How are you installing the kexts? You do have a live ethernet cable plugged into your port right now, right?

How are you installing the kexts? You do have a live ethernet cable plugged into your port right now, right?
Yes; I have a live ethernet plugged in. I tried unplugging and replugging it to no avail.

I'm just adding/deleting from /Library/Extensions. Is there a different way I should approach it?

You need to get kextbeast and use it to install kexts, simply copying them into a folder isn't going to install them. So copy the mausiethernet.kext to your desktop and delete the one that I believe is in L\E. Run Kextbeast and tell it to install the mausiethernet.kext on your desktop to L\E then reboot.

You're amazing. And no reboot required :D

Thanks so much for your help!!

--
Edit: Used KextBeast 2.0 to install AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext to /Library/Extensions. Manually deleted AppleIntelE1000e.kext by right clicking it and deleting in /Library/Extensions. Worked like a dream.

Please excuse me if this is in the wrong place. I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 2nd Gen with a Onelink Pro dock. There is an ethernet connector on this dock which I use as my internet connection. When I shutdown for the evening, and restart the next day the network is 'down' with a message that the cable is unplugged. If I delete the service in network settings I get a message that says 'do you want to use this service next time'. If I say yes and reboot the network comes back fine. Is there a way to automate this? So when I shutdown the service would be deleted/stopped so that it would automatically be re-added to speed up the work around?

My issue is resolved in Catalina by adding the Realtek8153 driver for Mac.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back