Contribute
Register

[Solved] El Capitan sleep/wake problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for your response @VoiletDragon

Attached are my latest EFI Clover folder + IOREG zipped. Thank you.

From looking at ioreg. X86PlatformPlug & AppleLPC is loaded. SATA is coming under SATA which is good. SMBUS is loaded from looking at ioreg. Although SMBIOS Trust/True is not in config its false. SMBIOS should always be set to Trust/True. Only thing i can see is that SSDT-UIAC is wrong.

From looking at ioreg. X86PlatformPlug & AppleLPC is loaded. SATA is coming under SATA which is good. SMBUS is loaded from looking at ioreg. Although SMBIOS Trust/True is not in config its false. SMBIOS should always be set to Trust/True. Only thing i can see is that SSDT-UIAC is wrong.

Thanks for your response. Do you mean I should change "Trust" to "True" in the following last few lines of the SMBIOS section of config.plist? As shown below?

<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>C02N1CE5FLHH</string>
<key>Trust</key>
<true/>
<key>Version</key>
<string>1.0</string>

Thanks for your response. Do you mean I should change "Trust" to "True" in the following last few lines of the SMBIOS section of config.plist? As shown below?

<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>C02N1CE5FLHH</string>
<key>Trust</key>
<true/>
<key>Version</key>
<string>1.0</string>

Correct. Trust/True.

I made that change and it doesn't resolve the wake issue (display still frozen after wake).

A full system freeze out of sleep? Disable Powernap, Wake on Lan.

A full system freeze out of sleep?

The keyboard or mouse don't respond, though I can see them being powered via my USB ports. The screen display stays frozen with the WiFi icon showing 1/2 way through being connected. I can't get out of this state until I push the power button long enough so it shuts down.

The keyboard or mouse don't respond, though I can see them being powered via my USB ports. The screen display stays frozen with the WiFi icon showing 1/2 way through being connected. I can't get out of this state until I push the power button long enough so it shuts down.

Id try removing SSDT-PRW. SSDT-SATA is wrong for you're system its for Series 9 not Series 100 probably not needed as genuine macs have Skylake chipsets and CPUs. Recommend removing SSDT-SATA. Note that XWAK only needs to be patched if its needed also remove Drop tables CpuPm. You may need to patch XHC.

Id try removing SSDT-PRW. SSDT-SATA is wrong for you're system its for Series 9 not Series 100 probably not needed as genuine macs have Skylake chipsets and CPUs. Recommend removing SSDT-SATA. Note that XWAK only needs to be patched if its needed also remove Drop tables CpuPm. You may need to patch XHC.

Ok, I'm going to try your recommendations. I will remove SSDT-SATA if it's the wrong Series. I will remove "Drop Tables CpuPm". SSDT-PRW helps me with getting rid of "instant wake from sleep" right now so the machine actually goes to sleep, so can I keep it?

Not sure about XWAK whether it does something or not for my situation.

Finally, I don't quite understand how to patch XHC? Can you send me a link / procedure that I can follow? I looked at RehabMan's "10.11+ USB Changes + solutions" and don't really understand how to patch XHC based on what he wrote (I'm sure I'm missing something). Thank you.

Ok, I'm going to try your recommendations. I will remove SSDT-SATA if it's the wrong Series. I will remove "Drop Tables CpuPm". SSDT-PRW helps me with getting rid of "instant wake from sleep" right now so the machine actually goes to sleep, so can I keep it?

Not sure about XWAK whether it does something or not for my situation.

Finally, I don't quite understand how to patch XHC? Can you send me a link / procedure that I can follow? I looked at RehabMan's "10.11+ USB Changes + solutions" and don't really understand how to patch XHC based on what he wrote (I'm sure I'm missing something). Thank you.

Changing XWAK to ZWAK will stop the instant wake ups. Take a look at my SSDT-XHC on my Github for an example.

Changing XWAK to ZWAK will stop the instant wake ups. Take a look at my SSDT-XHC on my Github for an example.

I see. I will try removing SSDT-PRW & Keep XWAK to ZWAK.

For the SSDT-XHC.aml file on your Github, do you have a .dsl file too? I thought I had to change .dsl first & then compile into .aml? Can I just change based on your .aml? Sorry I'm not familiar with changing .aml file. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back