Contribute
Register

[Solved] Drives not showing up in installer "Disk I/O error"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect, worked for me too (ICH10 chipset) to get my Windows NTFS disks recognized again (had a disk I/O error at start-up).

yup pin it.... my x58 would not show my WD drives yet this fixed it up nicely
thanks to BreBo for pointing this out in my post on this....

Hi

I have the same problem with my old Gibagyte H67MA-USB3-B3 bios F8. Sierra is up and running, but when trying to install HS it hangs at :
HID : Legacy shim 2
SATA Warning Enable Drive PHY PM Failed

See my poste here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hs-install-stuck-at-sata-on-h67m-legacy-mode.238968/

I am not sure the exact type of ICH is on my MB (even booting on Windows, I do not know what tools I can use to get this info).

Anywhay, I am not too sure how the fix could work : if I boot Mac OS Install from Clover, I guess I load the install from HS, so how the AppleAHCIPort file I installed could be loaded if it is on the Sierra partition ?
Same if I try a fresh install from an Unibeast USB key: should I install the AppleAHCIPort on the USB key ?

I tried to install Apple AHCIPort.kext v328 in /Library/Extension on my Sierra disk with EasyKext Pro (as this is one of the tool able to install in Library/Extension (in addition to the standard System/Library/Extension)) but it failed: file is not in L/E while it claims to be successful : what Kext tool would u recommend to install in L/E ?

Thanks for your help

this worked for me; asrock p67

slightly different circumstances; installs high sierra with ease on samsung ssd, but wouldn't recognize my secondary drives

HID : Legacy shim 2

This happened to me when I initially tried to replace the kext; I haven't replaced a kext in many years and forgot the proper procedure......

download Kext Utility from Insanely Mac, it used to be on tonymac but I dint see it

Sorry I haven’t done this in a long time.. how do I install this Kext onto the USB drive?

This happened to me when I initially tried to replace the kext; I haven't replaced a kext in many years and forgot the proper procedure......

download Kext Utility from Insanely Mac, it used to be on tonymac but I dint see it

Any reason why Kext Beast wouldn't work?

Same here. Installed the older AppleAHCIPort.kext using KextBeast and all is good. We should pin this!

I have the ICH9R on my GA-P35-DS4 (MacOS 10.13.3) and the kext worked. Has anyone made it work with just clover I don't really want to be over writing AppleAHCIPort.kext in the system as updates well over-wirte the patch verson. I seen a patch for clover for ICH10 not for ICH9. I did try it and didnt work by off change.

Any anyone got any thoughts

Last edited:
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
@andrewvideo, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and Graphics Card.
Has anyone made it work with just clover I don't really want to be over writing AppleAHCIPort.kext in the system as updates well over-wirte the patch verson.
AppleAHCIPort.kext will NOT work in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13
You don't have to overwrite AppleAHCIPort.kext as you should install it in /Library/Extensions NOT /System/Library/Extensions
I seen a patch for clover for ICH10 not for ICH9. I did try it and didnt work by off change.
Fix for ICH10
Do NOT use Clover Configurator to add the fixes, it will not work.
Use something like Xcode or PlistEdit Pro or BBEdit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back