Contribute
Register

[Solved] Drives not showing up in installer "Disk I/O error"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fix to this problem is to place the Apple AHCIPort.kext v328 in L/E using a kext installer. The idea is it won't be over written with any future updates. There is no need to delete the new one from S/L/E. The problem is the new one doesn't recognise older ssd disks. Ive attached the kext to this post, let me know if the fix worked. Good luck.

Thanks, from the distant future! It's 2020 and you just saved my sanity.

@Justin84, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).

AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 will only work if installed in /Library/Extensions and using a kext installer like KextBeast.

You need to add the ICH patch to the config.plist on your USB Installer.
View attachment 324256

Tryed everything and still same problem:
siachoris-MacBook-Pro:~ siachori$ sudo kextcache -i /

Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9f32708430 [0x7fffa7fb3af0]> { URL = "AppleAHCIPort.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9f30c27040 [0x7fffa7fb3af0]> { URL = "AppleAHCIPort.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort" }
KernelCache ID: CD6212E4E3E4B2C30E51267825079A7D
Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc71c488d60 [0x7fffa7fb3af0]> { URL = "AppleAHCIPort.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc71eb5a710 [0x7fffa7fb3af0]> { URL = "AppleAHCIPort.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort" }

siachoris-MacBook-Pro:~ siachori$

Any other idea? My problem is only with ultra bay hd

SOLVED with this solution on High Sierra:

<<UltraBay HDD
When using HDD in Ultrabay (instead of optical drive): install AHCIPortInjector.kext and AppleAHCIPort.kext in /Library/Extensions.

AHCIPortInjector.kext fixes the Disk not initialized issue (disk cannot be read). AppleAHCIPort.kext fixes the disk being detected as an external drive (instead of internal).>>

Thanks for all friends

Here it is in 2020, Covid 19 running rampant, and the Tonymacx86 forums come through with a win. Installed the Apple AHCI kext v.328 as detailed above and my High Sierra GA-H67N-USB3-B3 board sees both the SSD and the HDD. And I've got my Time Machine back! Sadly, this is the last OS update for this mobo. Now , time to fix the random reboots. Thank you thank you thank for all the great help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back