Contribute
Register

[Solved] Drives not showing up in installer "Disk I/O error"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... I was having the same error, then I disable S.M.A.R.T. and the error disappeared...
I have a very old Asrock Fatality P67 Pro
Can someone having this problem try disable SMART and give a feedback ?

Well... I was having the same error, then I disable S.M.A.R.T. and the error disappeared...
I have a very old Asrock Fatality P67 Pro
Can someone having this problem try disable SMART and give a feedback ?
Sadly I returned all of the WD drives. I discovered that Seagate drives are not problematic.

I have a P55 board which was giving me trouble with an SSD (disk unreadable, and "unable to write to the last block of the device" when I tried reformatting it). I installed the older AppleAHCIPort.kext, and I added the ICH patch via Clover, and that appears to have solved the problem! Thank you very much!

Stupid question, though: do I need both the older AppleAHCIPort.kext *and* the Clover patch? Or just one or the other (and if so, which one is preferable)?

Stupid question, though: do I need both the older AppleAHCIPort.kext *and* the Clover patch? Or just one or the other (and if so, which one is preferable)?
You only need one.
I personally use the new ICH patch by vit9696 in my Lynnfield build.

You only need one.
I personally use the new ICH patch by vit9696 in my Lynnfield build.

Thank you! I decided to go with the older copy of the kext in /L/E so that, if I ever do boot without that Clover patch in place for some reason, my SSD will still work properly.

Hello guys, I’m trying to install and I’m facing the same error tou. Disk0: I/O error while trying to install for first time. As soon as i boot, I am unable to erase my ssd as (journaled) GUID. It says: unable to write the last part of the device. Any ideas? I currently have legacy F10 bios version. I formatted my ssd as active hfs+ partition using Diskpart but nothing...

Last edited:
yup pin it.... my x58 would not show my WD drives yet this fixed it up nicely
thanks to BreBo for pointing this out in my post on this....

i have the same mobo as you (rev 2) bios FH. Could I get a copy of your config.plist?

Having trouble configuring clover. Also where did you put that text on your installation USB? I can't seem to get it to work...

i have the same mobo as you (rev 2) bios FH. Could I get a copy of your config.plist?

Having trouble configuring clover. Also where did you put that text on your installation USB? I can't seem to get it to work...
I've no longer got the X58 and it's so long ago I can't remember where or what I did to fix this.
Sorry I can't help.

I've no longer got the X58 and it's so long ago I can't remember where or what I did to fix this.
Sorry I can't help.
S’ok, i figured out the disk error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back