Contribute
Register

[solved] DELL Inspiron 7472, i5-8250U Coffee Lake Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the wifi card the came with dell 7472 i5-8250u working natively? or i have to replace it with broadcom DW1560?

broadcom BCM 945352Z the same as broadcom DW1560?

bios exe file of dell 7472 cannot be extracted...but dell 7559,dell 7348 both bios can be extracted

Hi guys I just wants to say that Hurray.
I am writing this post from my High Sierra. finally I got working with full QE CI.Everythings works oob,
Wifi card doesn't support and need replace.Any way I am happy.
After some edits to my config.plist High sierra boots up.(attached)
please post the pre allocation DVMT value --96-128mb dell 7472... i cannot extract the dell 7472 bios exe it's fully locked.. unlike before it can be extracted easily

dvmt variables for dell 7472... the bios exe file of dell 7472 cannot be extracted unlike the bios file of dell laptop before... please help

rehabman--- is this has something to do with dvmt pre allocation .. i tried all methods changing ig platform still cannot get full acceleration q1/q2 .. still 620mb and 7mb vram in system report....but with dell 7559 uhd and dell 7348 got no problem coz the bios file can be extracted to get the dvmt variables for setup var in terminal

rehabman--- is this has something to do with dvmt pre allocation .. i tried all methods changing ig platform still cannot get full acceleration q1/q2 .. still 620mb and 7mb vram in system report....but with dell 7559 uhd and dell 7348 got no problem coz the bios file can be extracted to get the dvmt variables for setup var in terminal

If you cannot change DVMT-prealloc, you can patch for 32mb.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

rehabman . i am using coffee lake i5-8250U ...is it prerequisite to patch it if dvmt adjustment thru terminal is not possible? i heard only broadwell / skylake / kaby lake ....one more thing i patch dsdt.aml using macaisl but the battery keep indicating 100 percent even though been using it for 50 minutes... i use rehabman acpi battery kext from github.. with dsdt patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back