Contribute
Register

[solved] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 no 4k/touchscreen/SSD model HDD not detected on setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did most of this renaming in MaciASL but "Partial hotpatch with patched SSDTs" configuration suggests to do all renaming in config.plist. Does that mean I have to redo all the patching to follow everything correctly?

Renaming with config.plist will make patching much simpler, and you will need to patch less SSDTs (eg. less patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched).

I am using RehabMan Clover r4330. PFA my current configuration. I have done all renaming in MaciASL when I did the patching so there is no renaming info in config.plist. Rest is same as in 'Partial hotpatch with patched SSDTs'. I get a blocking sign after some logging when booting.

Your files (SSDTs) in ACPI/patched are not AML files.
You cannot rename a .dsl -> .aml and expect it to work.
.dsl files must be compiled as .aml (File Save As, format: ACPI Machine Language Binary).

Also, your file names are wrong for AutoMerge=true.
Re-extract to ACPI/origin with current Clover to get correct names.

Your files (SSDTs) in ACPI/patched are not AML files.
You cannot rename a .dsl -> .aml and expect it to work.
.dsl files must be compiled as .aml (File Save As, format: ACPI Machine Language Binary).

Which of these files were not in correct format? I always save like that. All .dsl files I save as .aml can still be opened as higher level code in MaciASL. How do I know if I saved the files in correctly?

Also I used the guides above in the first place. Should I still apply only these renamings and patches?

And can you please provide a link to a tutorial on renaming with config.plist?

Further, When I try to compile the disassembled DSDT.dsl before applying any patching, I get some errors, most of them are '// Warning: Unknown Objects' but a few I am not sure about. Please also guide me a little bit about it. PFA the error images in the attached CLOVER folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Which of these files were not in correct format? I always save like that. All .dsl files I save as .aml can still be opened as higher level code in MaciASL. How do I know if I saved the files in correctly?

Download your own attachment in post #20.
Then navigate to CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
Then try to open each of the files in MaciASL (double clock on them).

Further, When I try to compile the disassembled DSDT.dsl before applying any patching, I get some errors, most of them are '// Warning: Unknown Objects' but a few I am not sure about.

From your description, does not sound like an "error".

From your description, does not sound like an "error".
There are some errors other than the unknown object warnings. A couple of errors due to ARG0 and another. The clover folder attached in the last post has the screenshots with line number and description. Please take a look.

The images prove you did not follow the guide.
Read it carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Make sure you use refs.txt during disassembly as per guide.
I am successfully able to boot with the patched SSDTs now. But all that seems to have been affected is the battery status. I still cannot make my sounds and brightness control work.

For sounds, I applied [Audio] Audio Layout 3 patch and then changed the layout id to 13 as suggested here. I have not injected any sound drivers yet.

For brightness, I applied the [igpu] Brightness fix (without any suffix one).

These are the final things I want to be able to use. Please help.

The last thing I want to ask is: can I safely run the os updates from appstore? I am on macOS Sierra v10.12.5. Is it safe to update to next version of Sierra or even High Sierra.

This is the first time I have reached this far. I can't explain how much I appreciate your effort for us noobs.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I am successfully able to boot with the patched SSDTs now. But all that seems to have been affected is the battery status. I still cannot make my sounds and brightness control work.

For sounds, I applied [Audio] Audio Layout 3 patch and then changed the layout id to 13 as suggested here. I have not injected any sound drivers yet.

For brightness, I applied the [igpu] Brightness fix (without any suffix one).

These are the final things I want to be able to use. Please help.

The last thing I want to ask is: can I safely run the os updates from appstore? I am on macOS Sierra v10.12.5. Is it safe to update to next version of Sierra or even High Sierra.

This is the first time I have reached this far. I can't explain how much I appreciate your effort for us noobs.

Audio, read FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Brigthness controls (you used the wrong patch), read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.232976/

Please comment on this one too.

Please comment on this one too.

No one can predict the future.

No one can predict the future.
I took my chances and played. The risk payed off. Now I have an almost fully working macbook pro on latest macOS. Thankyou for your help once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back