Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Can’t instal nvidia drivers after buying exactly the parts that were suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot from Unibeast installer USB then select the HS drive, hit enter.

That worked. I'm back in.

What can I do to fix the boot now?

Should I run MultiBeast again and try different options than the most basic (which failed earlier)?

Or is there a way to completely kill the previous EFI and create a brand new one with new options?

Here are the MultiBeast options I selected earlier, which resulted in the current failed boot —

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 02.png
    02.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 03.png
    03.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 04.png
    04.png
    118 KB · Views: 54
  • 05.png
    05.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 06.png
    06.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 07.png
    07.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 08.png
    08.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 09.png
    09.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 10.png
    10.png
    114 KB · Views: 58
  • 11.png
    11.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 58
If all you installed was Clover for UEFI booting and Intel Ethernet there is no need to kill anything.
Make the changes cmn699 suggested to your config.plist and then try to boot again with integrated graphics.

I've added the kext files to Other folder in the EFI of the High Sierra install.

I've also made the changes to the config.plist, as per cmn699.

I've attached screenshots of every screen from Clover Configurator, and I've also attached the config.plist.

Now I'll reboot and see what happens. Just wanted to post this first.

Attachments

• Kexts.png
    Kexts.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 01-Acpi.png
    01-Acpi.png
    220.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 02-Boot.png
    02-Boot.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 03-Boot Graphics.png
    03-Boot Graphics.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 04-Cpu.png
    04-Cpu.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 05-Devices.png
    05-Devices.png
    177.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 06-Disable Drivers.png
    06-Disable Drivers.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 07-Gui.png
    07-Gui.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 08-Graphics.png
    08-Graphics.png
    165 KB · Views: 70
  • 09-Kernel and Kext Patches.png
    09-Kernel and Kext Patches.png
    164.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 10-Rt Variables.png
    10-Rt Variables.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 11-SMBIOS.png
    11-SMBIOS.png
    205 KB · Views: 88
  • 12-System Parameters.png
    12-System Parameters.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 59
  • config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 183
After rebooting, same result -- still stuck in apple logo.

Here's the verbose output:

Attachments

• IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 59
That worked. I'm back in.

What can I do to fix the boot now?

Should I run MultiBeast again and try different options than the most basic (which failed earlier)?

Or is there a way to completely kill the previous EFI and create a brand new one with new options?

• For any Disk to boot ........> needs a Boot loader
  • The High Sierra USB Flash Disk created with Unibeast 8 tool got a Bootloader from Unibeast ......> Clover EFI in UEFI mode.
  • The Hard Disk in which you installed macOS High Sierra from High Sierra USB disk .....> has no Boot Loader >but according to the 1st bullet rule needs one and it needs ..> Clover EFI boot loader to boot on its own without the aid of USB installer
  • Multibeast 10. is a Multi-function tool like you are entering a Buffet Line in a Resturant!
  • It won't automatically serve your system
  • You have to individually choose
    • it can Provide
      • Clover EFI in (UEFI or Legacy Mode)
      • Drivers menu include different type and within them more to choose from for
        • Audio/
        • Network/
        • USB/
      • Customize menu
        • for Certain Graphics
        • System Definition
    • Once you select what you need based on your knowledge about your Windows hardware chips You select the destination>the hard disk
    • Then You install
  • Remember you had already connected your Monitor to the Graphics card. So you should choose to match that in MultiBeast10
  • If you make a mistake you can re-enter using the the Installer Disk with minimal support as you have done before.
  • Now if you have changed the Graphics card earlier, make sure your choices for the Customize Graphics must match to that chosen GFX card to avoid another round of reboot.
  • Even if you have installed currectly all the Multibeast options, you still don't remove your USB ,
  • Enter CBM screen through USB Installer again for the last time.
  • Once you enter Desktop using your Login credentials , then you can eject the USB Installer Flash Disk and reboot the System without the USB installer to check it boots OK without USB disk.
  • All BOOTS shall be in VERBOSE MODE until you are convinced you don't need any text-based diagnostic boot screen.

Last edited:
I've added the kext files to Other folder in the EFI of the High Sierra install.

I've attached screenshots of every screen from Clover Configurator, and I've also attached the config.plist.

Your Other has no FakeSMC.kext >Boot failure is certain without FakeSMC.kext in CLOVER . It is the Backbone for the disk to travel to Login screen.

Your Rt-Variables [CsrActiveConfig =0x3 it must be 0x67 to Disable SIP to make the kexts stick to the disk.

Your Other has no FakeSMC.kext >Boot failure is certain without FakeSMC.kext in CLOVER . It is the Backbone for the disk to travel to Login screen.

FakeSMC.kext added to OTHER folder
CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67

Rebooting next...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 8.58.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 8.58.36 PM.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 8.59.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 8.59.18 PM.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 67
Your Rt-Variables [CsrActiveConfig =0x3 it must be 0x67 to Disable SIP to make the kexts stick to the disk.

Nope. Still stuck when I try to boot with UEFI of High Sierra, after those last two changes.

Attachments

• IMG_1903.jpg
    IMG_1903.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back