Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Can’t instal nvidia drivers after buying exactly the parts that were suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you trying to boot with the graphics card installed or with the Intel HD630 ?

The graphics card is installed, but I haven't done anything in particular to select or deselect it.

Here is my BIOS configuration: (http://138.68.234.176/BIOS.mp4)

(Should I change [Peripherals] > [Initial Display Output] from [PCIe 1 Slot] to [IGFX] ?)

This is just sad and disheartening.

I purchased the exact parts listed to build the CustomMac Pro, and I can follow the step by step instructions on how to get High Sierra 10.13.1 installed ... BUT ...

Once you get to the part where you open MultiBeast you’re on your own.

No info about what options to select. And if you select the wrong ones the system won’t boot on restart.

Aside from that, the guide instructs you to install the Nvidia drivers for the GTX 1060, but if you just do that — again, as instructed — the system won’t boot on restart.

I’ve installed high sierra over 20 times in the last two days, and I’ve search and tried every possible combination of things, but the thing never ever works.

If I install any of the nvidia drivers or tweak the config.plist in any way (blindly, since there are no instructions on what to select to make the thing work) the end result is a dead system that gets stuck in the black screen with the Apple logo, never to boot completely.

If someone out here is willing to help me out, that would be much appreciated.

I mistakenly though that if I got the exact parts listed, that things would work somewhat smoothly.

Sadly, that doesn’t appear to be the case. At least not so far.

Please understand the following:

• The suggested parts
    I purchased the exact parts listed to build the CustomMac Pro
    are only meant to inform you that those are more amenable to be 'moulded " with the tools like "Unibeast 8" and "Multibeast10" to become some what closer to real Mac. I don't believe the exact parts will suddenly transform themselves to a hackintosh High Sierra if you use these great tools . It is like saying the electric saw and expensive Power tool kit could make a lumber into a nice mansion if we use a blue print.
  • These hardware are not Macintosh Hardware and therefore need Mac drivers (kexts) and configurations of different kinds created by great guys like RehabMan. Toleda and several others.
  • It is our job to find from Windows Documentations (because the hardware are made for Windows) the Chips used in the LAN/AUDIO/Graphics/ WiFi cards/ and then look in Multibeast and elsewhere the Kexts that are most suitable for those Chips .
  • If it is too much for anyone to do this kind of research, they should wait for a GUIDE specifically created for identical hardware by those who painstakingly did by trial and error their first Build and nice enough to post them in Forums like this.
I’ve installed high sierra over 20 times in the last two days, and I’ve search and tried every possible combination of things, but the thing never ever works.
This not unusual or unique. Hackintosh is for only those who are willing to really try , try and try again. For the rest Macintosh is better.

• I suggest you please search in this forum for anyone having created successful High Sierra Build with your Hardware or one which is very close to that and written about it and then use their steps.
  • Otherwise do your research on your motherboard chipsets and list them along with your current stage of installation with uploaded images of screen shots asking for help and providing proper feed back during such install.

Are you trying to boot with the graphics card installed or with the Intel HD630 ?

The card is installed, but I haven't done anything in particular to select or deselect it.

In the BIOS, [Peripherals] > [Initial Display Output] is set to [PCIe 1 Slot]. Should I keep that as is, or change it to [IGFX] ?

I tried posting a video of my BIOS configuration, but I don't think that worked.

The card is installed, but I haven't done anything in particular to select or deselect it.

In the BIOS, [Peripherals] > [Initial Display Output] is set to [PCIe 1 Slot]. Should I keep that as is, or change it to [IGFX] ?

I tried posting a video of my BIOS configuration, but I don't think that worked.
You can shut down, uninstall the graphics card. Then Boot into the BIOS settings and set to IGFX and try booting with the integrated graphics as those are natively supported.

If you have connected your Monitor via Digital cable to Intel Graphics Port and NOT into your NVIDIA add on Graphics , you should use IGFX and then change the sub-menu to suit INTEL HD Graphics . Your CLOVER/kext/Other should have Lilu.kext+ IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and config.plist _Graphics section ig-platform-id box must be filled with 0x59120000 and saved
in config.plist Boot [√]disablegraphicsfirmware SMBIOS+ Model =iMac18,2

If you have connected your Monitor via Digital cable to Intel Graphics Port and NOT into your NVIDIA add on Graphics , you should use IGFX and then change the sub-menu to suit INTEL HD Graphics . Your CLOVER/kext/Other should have Lilu.kext+ IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and config.plist _Graphics section ig-platform-id box must be filled with 0x59120000 and saved

The monitor is connected to the GTX 1060 via a Display Port cable.

Is the idea here to first get it running with the intel integrated graphics (connecting to motherboard via, say, HDMI) and then install the Nvidia drivers, before using the NVIDIA card?

I have now unplugged the Display Port cable from the NVIDIA card and connected a different monitor to the motherboard's DV port.

I've also changed Initial Display Output to IGFX, but I don't see any "Submenu" for Intel HD Graphics.

As for the changes to the CLOVER kext in the "Other" folder and config.plist, I wish I could get there to do that, but the system is not booting right now. Gets stuck in something (see verbose pict)

Attachments

• IMG_7315.JPG
    IMG_7315.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 56
I have yet to find a way to get back in to make changes to the config.plist.

Even booting in Safe Mode fails with the same errors shown above (which I have now rotated because it was loading upside-down for some reason).

Attachments

• FailedBoot.jpg
    FailedBoot.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 52
You can shut down, uninstall the graphics card. Then Boot into the BIOS settings and set to IGFX and try booting with the integrated graphics as those are natively supported.

I get the same result. Still stuck and system won't boot.

This is the same issue I've been running into since Thursday night.

I can install High Sierra and run it, but if I load the wrong options in MultiBeast, or try to make any modifications to the config.plist, the result has always been the same: stuck at boot and reinstall necessary.

Is there a way can I use to access and "repair" the MultiBeast options, outside of another clean reinstall?

Boot from Unibeast installer USB then select the HS drive, hit enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back