Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Can’t instal nvidia drivers after buying exactly the parts that were suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z370M Pro4
CPU
i5-8400 2.8 GHz
Graphics
Radeon RX580 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is just sad and disheartening.

I purchased the exact parts listed to build the CustomMac Pro, and I can follow the step by step instructions on how to get High Sierra 10.13.1 installed ... BUT ...

Once you get to the part where you open MultiBeast you’re on your own.

No info about what options to select. And if you select the wrong ones the system won’t boot on restart.

Aside from that, the guide instructs you to install the Nvidia drivers for the GTX 1060, but if you just do that — again, as instructed — the system won’t boot on restart.

I’ve installed high sierra over 20 times in the last two days, and I’ve search and tried every possible combination of things, but the thing never ever works.

If I install any of the nvidia drivers or tweak the config.plist in any way (blindly, since there are no instructions on what to select to make the thing work) the end result is a dead system that gets stuck in the black screen with the Apple logo, never to boot completely.

If someone out here is willing to help me out, that would be much appreciated.

I mistakenly though that if I got the exact parts listed, that things would work somewhat smoothly.

Sadly, that doesn’t appear to be the case. At least not so far.

Post something meaningful and maybe someone can help you.
At the very least boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Also upload the Clover config.plist from your system drive. It takes more than just compatible hardware. You have to do some study and research to figure out what to do for your specific configuration. That takes some time.

Also upload the Clover config.plist from your system drive. It takes more than just compatible hardware. You have to do some study and research to figure out what to do for your specific configuration. That takes some time.

Alright, here is something "meaningful" —

- I'm going at it again, from scratch.

- I have my High Sierra Installer USB Drive, which I've built carefully following the step-by-step instructions from here (Steps 1 & 2):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

- I've also adjusted the BIOS as per Step 3 of the same post (the available settings for my particular motherboard).

- I've performed a clean install of High Sierra once again, following Step 4 of the same post.

- Now I'm in High Sierra, but have NOT performed Step 5. It would be awesome of someone could offer some help as to what settings to select here.

- I've been selecting the following in the previous installs, but I'm not certain if those would be the right options to select —

MultiBeast Options

- QuickStart
+ UEFI Boot Mode

- Drivers
+ Audio
* Realtek ALCxxx
* ALC1220
* 100/200 Series Audio
+ Disk
* 3rd Party eSATA
* Intel Generic AHCI SATA
+ Misc
* FakeSMC
* FakeSMC Plugins
* FAKESMC HWMonitor Application
* NullCPUPowerManagement
(I've also tried selecting FakeSMC only)
+ Network
* Intel
* AppleIntelE1000e v3.3.6
* AppleGB v5.3.5.3
+ USB
* 3rd Party USB 3.0
* Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series

- Bootloaders
* Clover UEFI Boot Mode

- Customize
+ Graphics Configuration
* (nothing selected)
+ SSDT Options
* (nothing selected)
+ System Definitions
* iMac
* iMac 14,2
(I've also tried selecting iMac 18,2, since my processor is an i5-7500 Kaby Lake 3.8GHz)

Should I even do the MultiBeast step, or should I use the Clover installer on the High Sierra system at this point?

Some posts show using Clover to create the EFI volume. So not certain here. All I know is I've tried that and the system won't boot.

So, again, at this point I am on a clean install of High Sierra, but nothing else has been done yet. No Step 5 from the post or anything.

If someone can help from this point forward, so I can get this thing running, that would be so very awesome.

It's best to make fewer choices in your first run of Multibeast. Start by selecting only UEFI quickstart and the newest Intel Mausi Ethernet kext and iMac 18,3 system def. Don't select any audio, fakesmc plugins etc. You just want to get it booting from the hard drive first. All the other things can be fixed later on. Do that and report back.

It's best to make fewer choices in your first run of Multibeast. Start by selecting only UEFI quickstart and the newest Intel Mausi Ethernet kext and iMac 18,3 system def. Don't select any audio, fakesmc plugins etc. You just want to get it booting from the hard drive first. All the other things can be fixed later on. Do that and report back.

Under Bootloaded, Clover UEFI Boot Mode is enabled by default. Keep that or turn it off?

Attachments

• 07.png
    07.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 75
And if you do reboot and get a kernel panic you don't have to do a complete clean reinstall. Try other options first to get back in to the desktop. Such things as boot flags and different BIOS settings first before trying a reinstall. You can also always boot from the Unibeast USB drive too.

And if you do reboot and get a kernel panic you don't have to do a complete clean reinstall. Try other options first to get back in to the desktop. Such things as boot flags and different BIOS settings first before trying a reinstall. You can also always boot from the Unibeast USB drive too.

I ran MultiBeast, with the exact options discussed.

System doesn't boot.

Attachments

• IMG_7315.JPG
    IMG_7315.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 75
I ran MultiBeast, with the exact options discussed.

System doesn't boot.
Are you trying to boot with the graphics card installed or with the Intel HD630 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back