Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Can't Get Into Installer on MSI 9 Series, Anyone got any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97S Krait Edition
CPU
4.0 GHz Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I am trying to get El Capitan onto my system (MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, i7 4790K, GTX 760). It ran yosemite flawless but I was using Chimera. I can't seem to get clover to boot for me.

I followed this guide for Bios settings:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/143167-msi-9-series-motherboards-os-x-setup-configuration.html

And this guide for El Capitan:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

My motherboard is set to UEFI only and I have read the entire List of solutions thread that is on the home page. As soon as I boot the usb drive with the installer on it clover comes up and I boot verbose and it says:

"sxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using relic block: no, hibernate wake: no"

and then just hangs. It doesn't even seem like OS X has began to start. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Can't Get Into Installer on MSI 9 Series, Anyone got any ideas?

Oh Dang it I've accidentally posted this in the wrong place. Would a Mod be so kind as to move this for me? ^_^

Oh Dang it I've accidentally posted this in the wrong place. Would a Mod be so kind as to move this for me? ^_^

Your wish!

Your wish!

Thank you! Now hopefully someone has some ideas for me :)

Hi

Did you put fakesmc in the 'others' folder and delete all the folder beginning with 10 ( 10.10 and 10.11 etc)
Also try booting with nv_disable=1

Matt

I haven't tried that, I'm going away for the weekend for Thanksgiving, I will definitely give that a try when I'm home, I'll let you know how it goes, thank you :)

Hi

Did you put fakesmc in the 'others' folder and delete all the folder beginning with 10 ( 10.10 and 10.11 etc)
Also try booting with nv_disable=1

Matt

Thanks for your help! I tried exactly what you said and it didn't quite work, But you got me going in the right direction! I got it to work by putting FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ and deleting all of the other 10.x folders. I also had to delete VBoxHfs-64 from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ and put HFSPlus.efi in its place. I also replaced config.plist in /EFI/CLOVER/ with the config.plist Standard (Used that one because my GPU has native OS X support) from TonyMacx86's How to Create a OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB Using Clover guide.

I then did the same thing on my SSD once it finished installing to make it fully bootable. I am now running El Capitan flawlessly just like I had Yosemite running with Chimera. Thank you :)

It's interesting, there seems so be some important info on the guide for the beta that can still apply to the official release that doesn't seem to be made clear in the guide for the official release. Hopefully anyone else with this issue finds this and it helps someone else out :)

Cheers,
Apevia21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back