Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Can't boot with two monitors, calling all experts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
Gigabyte 1050ti 4GB
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
SOLVED: Had to re-enable my BIOS CSM support and install Clover's most recent bootloader with OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.

Hope this helps someone.

------

If anyone could take the time to help me out here, it would be much appreciated.

Here's my system specs (and Clover's config attached to the bottom of this post):

gRQV9md.png

fTefczC.png

WSxUDmD.png

I've tried all combinations of cables/adapters, etc. I can't get my machine to boot up with anything other than one monitor plugged into my 1050ti! It doesn't matter if the second monitor is unplugged on the receiving end or even turned off; it'll still boot to a black screen.

If I hotplug in the second monitor immediately after being greeted with the login screen, all is well. It all works wonderfully!

I've tried both the latest Web Driver (x.25.156 [which I'm on now]) and the singlemost earlier one. I've tried nearly every combination in my Clover Configurator's 'Graphics' section, including booting with/without Web Driver. I'm a total wits end here!

Anybody have an idea what's going on? I'll donate $20 to a charity of your choice (with proof) if you manage to help me out.

Other issues include CUDA leakage which causes lag over extended use, but that's a problem we probably can't fix until we get an update from Nvidia. I'm okay with that for now. I just want to stop breaking my back plugging in/out my darn cables. It gets old!

Thanks so much.

Attachments

• al-ec_config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back