Contribute
Register

[solved] Can't boot to installer on XPS 15 9570 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been attempting to take stuff from the 4K 9560 guide, since apparently the Skylake spoof used in that guide might work with the UHD 630.

Interestingly enough, I get the same behaviour as with RehabMan's UHD630 config: hanging at gIOScreenLockState 3.
I also like that,it looks like the uhd630 was driven.But it suspended at gIOScreenLockState 3 state.

I've been attempting to take stuff from the 4K 9560 guide, since apparently the Skylake spoof used in that guide might work with the UHD 630.

Interestingly enough, I get the same behaviour as with RehabMan's UHD630 config: hanging at gIOScreenLockState 3.

WhateverGreen patching cannot be used in a CFL->SKL spoof.
The kext is written such that only a CFL->KBL spoof is contemplated.

The kext is written such that only a CFL->KBL spoof is contemplated
I see! In that case, I'll take a look into CFL->KBL tomorrow.

deleted

Last edited:
Hi
I'm planning to buy Dell XPS 9750 with 4k screen, wanted to confirm if uhd630 is working or not, also is the overall system stable enough to be used as a daily driver?

Hi
I'm planning to buy Dell XPS 9750 with 4k screen, wanted to confirm if uhd630 is working or not, also is the overall system stable enough to be used as a daily driver?

I've been referencing this thread for getting my XPS 9570 working.

People have gotten the essential stuff to work, but whether or not it's usable as a daily driver depends on your needs. If you need HDMI or Thunderbolt 3, then no. Also you need to replace the wireless chipset, else no WiFi or Bluetooth. Luckily that's not hard to do. I'm dual booting between Win10 and macOS, and between the two, I can get everything I need to do done.

I've been referencing this thread for getting my XPS 9570 working.

People have gotten the essential stuff to work, but whether or not it's usable as a daily driver depends on your needs. If you need HDMI or Thunderbolt 3, then no. Also you need to replace the wireless chipset, else no WiFi or Bluetooth. Luckily that's not hard to do. I'm dual booting between Win10 and macOS, and between the two, I can get everything I need to do done.
I can live without an HDMI port and plan to replace the wireless chipset, but my main concern is if the system is stable enough. Mainly things like performance, battery, trackpad, the screen being slow etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back