1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Apple
  3. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
I have working installation of Sierra 10.12.2 Public Beta 2. I cannot boot into the recovery mode. I have tried various different configurations of clover to boot into it but it keeps coming up with some never seen before XPC messages when I try to boot into recovery mode.

I could never boot into recovery mode, even before I upgraded to Public Beta 2.

What happens is when I choose the recovery mode partition at the initial Clover boot prompt you can see it trying to start and what happens is that it starts giving messages pertaining to XPC. Eventually it will stop loading, a white screen will come up but with a constantly spinning ball on it.

I am trying to disable SIP so I can run some software.

I am running Clover 3922, the usual hackintosh BIOS settings, etc. I have tried various different boot arguments. Right now my boot arguments default as: dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1

Perhaps the message that says: Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in() is a partial clue.

Also I would like to check logs but they seem to be overwritten upon successful boot.

I have a separate Mavericks 10.9.5 installation on a separate PCIe SSD and I can boot into the recovery mode just fine on that installation but I really need some assistance with this one.

Has anyone out there ever booted into Sierra recovery mode successfully?

Thanks guys!!!!

If you have not already done so, put FakeSMC.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

To disable or enable SIP add the settings to your config.plist.
Clover Configurator > Rt Variables > BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig

Relevant user options for SIP are as follows:
csr-active-config 0x0 = SIP Enabled (Default)
csr-active-config 0x3 = SIP Partially Disabled (Loads unsigned kexts)
csr-active-config 0x67 = SIP Disabled completely

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>

Explaining OS X El Capitan Security Changes - Workarounds and Current Information

To disable or enable SIP add the settings to your config.plist.
Clover Configurator > Rt Variables > BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig

Relevant user options for SIP are as follows:
csr-active-config 0x0 = SIP Enabled (Default)
csr-active-config 0x3 = SIP Partially Disabled (Loads unsigned kexts)
csr-active-config 0x67 = SIP Disabled completely

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>

Explaining OS X El Capitan Security Changes - Workarounds and Current Information

I am modifying the config.plist file to disable SIP. Will give you an update......

Modified the config.plist to disable SIP and it works. csrutil status confirms that SIP is disabled.

Thank you both for the help.

Mind if I ask where you placed this in your config.plist? Haven't tried it yet but will in a few hours and would like to get any leg up I can find.

Mind if I ask where you placed this in your config.plist? Haven't tried it yet but will in a few hours and would like to get any leg up I can find.

If you used MultiBeast to install Sierra the code is already present in your config.plist
The only thing you have to do is change the CsrActiveConfig value from 0x3 to 0x67

Thanks so much! I totally brain-lapsed and then found it in there and changed the value. I think I actually may have re enabled it while I was mucking around fixing the audio issue with Sierra in there and forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back