Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] bluetooth issues

Hello,
thanks to your advices I managed to fix the bluetooth by enabling the 255 internal port which was missing in my setup. I also switched the extra two USB2 ports from the motherboard headers which is in use to 255 internal.

I replaced USBMap.kext in your EFI folder but I couldn't manage to boot with the configuration provided.

I am getting the issue in the attached image. You should also find the proper opencore trace for debugging. I can do anything needed to help solve the issue :).

Best regards,
Luca.
only your internal peripherals should be set to 255, ie bluetooth wifi cards etc

if you do not have anything else attached to them, then remove them from your mapping kext

if you are using a usb2 or usb3 header on them, then set them as usb2/3 accordingly in your kext

only your internal peripherals should be set to 255, ie bluetooth wifi cards etc

if you do not have anything else attached to them, then remove them from your mapping kext

if you are using a usb2 or usb3 header on them, then set them as usb2/3 accordingly in your kext
Hi, regarding the bluetooth peripheral, I have done as you say and bluetooth works properly now.
According to the previous comment:
  • The extra two USB2 ports are probably from one of the motherboard headers and should be set with connector type 'Internal' (255)
so this is why I have turned HS07 and HS08 (usb ports connected to the case and coming from the motherboard header) from 0 to 255. Is this wrong?

Hi, regarding the bluetooth peripheral, I have done as you say and bluetooth works properly now.
According to the previous comment:
  • The extra two USB2 ports are probably from one of the motherboard headers and should be set with connector type 'Internal' (255)
so this is why I have turned HS07 and HS08 (usb ports connected to the case and coming from the motherboard header) from 0 to 255. Is this wrong?
yes, if they are USB ports, then they should be treated as such in your kext

only your wifi card will be set to 255

yes, if they are USB ports, then they should be treated as such in your kext

only your wifi card will be set to 255
Hi, ok I will revert the configuration for this.
Best regards,
Luca.

Hello,
thanks to your advices I managed to fix the bluetooth by enabling the 255 internal port which was missing in my setup. I also switched the extra two USB2 ports from the motherboard headers which is in use to 255 internal.

I replaced USBMap.kext in your EFI folder but I couldn't manage to boot with the configuration provided.

I am getting the issue in the attached image. You should also find the proper opencore trace for debugging. I can do anything needed to help solve the issue :).

Best regards,
Luca.
@Edhawk, do you have any suggestion for the boot issue?
Thanks,
Luca.

Back