MSI GAMING 7 Z97
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Vega 64 8GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

I just tried to upgrade my Hackintosh to High Sierra (using this guide . https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/)
I downloaded High Sierra normally from the App Store. The installation worked without any problems and the PC restarted. Then I got a black screen and a working Cursor, (I am able to move it) but that’s it. There is no Desktop or Login Window. Just black screen.

At the Boot Arguments I inject NVIDIA and use the WebDrivers because without it the PC would not boot until that point. The System seems to be loaded perfectly (Apache and MySQL running, SSH works).

I am using Clover 4173 and installed High Sierra with APFS on my SSD.
CPU is Intel 4790k on a MSI Gaming 7 Z97. GPU is an NVIDIA 560ti.

5kFz8X7r.jpg

These are the last lines the verbose mode outputs. When they are displayed, the cursor is already there!

Any idea how to fix this black screen bug?

I have this same issue. Can you enter your password if you put the cursor on the center of screen as well?

Unfortunately I don't know how to solve. I believe we just need a way to enter on the system and install the Webdriver.

If you discover something please let me know (I'll tell you too).

So I managed to boot into the System with safe mode and installed the WebDriver (the HighSierra Version with the 114 at the end) but it did not help. Currently I am using my System without an NVidia GPU, just Intel GPU.
Hope NVidia brings a fix or somebody knows how to fix this :/

Pretty common issue on the forum, look through some of the threads. One common denominator seems to be the system doesn't have the kextcache built right because of enabling SIP.

Ideally you would delete all your GeForce*.kext and NVDA*.kext, set SIP disabled, don't inject nvidia, and see if you can boot to the desktop with poor resolution graphics. After deleting kexts you might need to force a kextcache rebuild. You might do this in single user mode (-s) or from another computer that has shell access. Or if you can boot the installer USB you can use Utilities -> terminal. While you're sorting this out it would be easiest to use a more compatible SMBIOS like iMac14,2.

I have the same issue with Gtx 560. The verbose mode say exactly the same..

Im using the integrated graphics card now.. :/

Pretty common issue on the forum, look through some of the threads. One common denominator seems to be the system doesn't have the kextcache built right because of enabling SIP.

Ideally you would delete all your GeForce*.kext and NVDA*.kext, set SIP disabled, don't inject nvidia, and see if you can boot to the desktop with poor resolution graphics. After deleting kexts you might need to force a kextcache rebuild. You might do this in single user mode (-s) or from another computer that has shell access. Or if you can boot the installer USB you can use Utilities -> terminal. While you're sorting this out it would be easiest to use a more compatible SMBIOS like iMac14,2.

I can boot into my System with the NVIDIA GPU physically removed. I tried deleting all the kext files but it did not help. My System Definition is iMac 14,2

I can boot into my System with the NVIDIA GPU physically removed. I tried deleting all the kext files but it did not help. My System Definition is iMac 14,2
You should be able to boot using the GPU with no web drivers installed and get low res graphics.

I'd make sure SIP is disabled, nv_disable false, nvda-drv false, Nvidiaweb false, inject Nvidia false.

Shut down, add card, but still use IGPU, does this work? (test that physical presence of the card is ok)

If this works, can you enable the card and set it primary, swap your monitor to the 560 DVI out, and get to the desktop? (test that OS can use card)

Were you on 10.12.6 before, and if so, how did you get the 560 working on Sierra, through web drivers or was support built-in?

@aol

I deleted all GeForce*.kext and NVDA*.kext, checked the settings of config.plist on EFI and rebuild the cache with Kext Utility.

Then i restarted and keept the IGPU selected on the bios, but i got the loop which didnt happened before i deleted the kext files.

But then i decided to switch to the PCI gfx on the bios, and like u said it was possible to boot into OS with with poor resolution graphics.

Then i installed Nvidea Webdrivers, when i reboot was all the same, still had the loop.. , i tried some settings on clover but still the same and now to use the IGPU i need to physically remove the gtx 560.

On Sierra i had poor resolution graphics, but when i installed the Nvidea Webdrivers all worked fine, and i never had this issue of the infinite loop.

Any other ideias?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back