Motherboard
Dell Alienware 17r3 -Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
GTX 970m / HD 530 (1920 x 1080)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hey, i am having a big issue after updating my config.plist.

i basically get a black screen everytime i try to boot to mac os from clover.

the black screen appears instantly after i press enter and doesn't go away. The worst part is that it stays black even when i have verbose enabled.

What i think might've caused the issue: i basically checked setintelbacklight inside clover configurator thinking it would make the brightness controls work but i already had applebacklight.kext enabled (which is the right one for my current configuration).that might have created a conflict .(these are only speculations)

i ,since, have set the config.plist back to a known working state by accessing the efi partition from my windows partition but the issue remains.

Random fact: after pressing enter to boot into macos and waiting a couple of minutes. I hear the mac os wrong key sound when pressing a couple of f keys (like f9 and f8)... i do not hear that sound when pressing letter keys.. i am guessing that ,although my display is completely dark, the os was still able to load to the login screen in the background.

i will attach the config.plist file i have currently in the system.

My configuration:
Mac os high sierra
alienware 17 r3
i7 6700hq
16gb ram
intel hd graphics 530
gtx 970m

I hope someone knows how to fix this

regards,

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.4 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
because to be frank with you i created a usb bootable drive earlier and it did the same thing ... it boot directly to a black screen

isn't there a way to fix this issue without loosing my current version of clover ...

I don't see why creating a separate USB causes a loss of anything.

ok ill post pics in a few

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back