Contribute
Register

[Solved] Asus USB-AC51 not working, help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
msi z170-a Krait SLI Gaming
CPU
i5 6500
Graphics
gigabyte 1060 xtreme gaming
I bought the Asus usb-AC51 for my sisters hackintosh and can't get it to work. When i set up the mac i selected ethernet since the desk i was at had ethernet routed to it but since we are going to move it to my sisters desk downstairs with no ethernet, we needed to get a wifi card, we went to microcenter and one wifi card had mac support on the back so we bought it. I downloaded the drivers off of their website because it said i needed them on the box and plug it in, I check my network in system preferences and there is ethernet, bluetooth PAN, and Windscribe VPN (The VPN I use) but no wifi, I went into the section to add a new option but there is no wifi setting in the dropdown. I saw a post that said pressing the option button on startup to get into recovery mode then to disable then re-enable wifi from the top right but I have a windows keyboard. I booted into Recovery HD from clover boot menu and there was no wifi setting in the top right or anywhere so i have no idea what to do. Please help. I'm on OSX high sierra 10.13.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

The latest mac drivers for the Asus USB-AC51 on the Asus site are only for macOS Sierra 10.12
I realized, could I still possibly get this to work, that's not the only issue, the other issue is that there is no wifi option in system preferences.

the other issue is that there is no wifi option in system preferences.
There is probably no WiFi option in System Preferences > Network because your Asus usb-AC51 is not recognised.
could I still possibly get this to work
Completely remove the ASUS Wireless Utility folder from your Application folder; move to the trash and Empty trash or run USBWireless-Uninstall.pkg from the ASUS_USB-AC51-MAC10.12.dmg

Then try the drivers from this package.
Follow every step in the readme.

There is probably no WiFi option in System Preferences > Network because your Asus usb-AC51 is not recognized.

Completely remove the ASUS Wireless Utility folder from your Application folder; move to the trash and Empty trash or run USBWireless-Uninstall.pkg from the ASUS_USB-AC51-MAC10.12.dmg

Then try the drivers from this package.
Follow every step in the readme.
This did the trick, thank you so much! The only issue I have now is the speeds being slow but I can trouble shoot and see if it's just the positioning of the pc in our old house, the WiFi has trouble going through our walls lol. But thank you, I love you man! Have a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back