Contribute
Register

[solved] ALC1150 - Asus z170 Pro gaming - Sound disappearing and no sound from headphones jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX970 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello hackers! :) Got my Hackintosh running for some days now without any problems but from today my audio randomly stops working. I can get my audio back for 20-30 seconds if I open sound settings and change device from the first Line Out to another and then back to the first one again.

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-20%20at%2001.31.08.png

After a reboot the audio works fine for a couple of hours, then it begins again.

How can i troubleshoot this? Any ideas?

I'm using audio from Asus z170 pro gaming moba with ALC1150. OS X Sierra 10.12.2

Bonus question: Sound quality is good from the audio output on motherboard backplate, but from the headphones output on my chassi it sounds extremely awful (crackling). Any ideas on why?

Thank you!!

Hello hackers! :) Got my Hackintosh running for some days now without any problems but from today my audio randomly stops working. I can get my audio back for 20-30 seconds if I open sound settings and change device from the first Line Out to another and then back to the first one again.

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-20%20at%2001.31.08.png

After a reboot the audio works fine for a couple of hours, then it begins again.

How can i troubleshoot this? Any ideas?

I'm using audio from Asus z170 pro gaming moba with ALC1150. OS X Sierra 10.12.2

Bonus question: Sound quality is good from the audio output on motherboard backplate, but from the headphones output on my chassi it sounds extremely awful (crackling). Any ideas on why?

Thank you!!

Please read the rules and complete the system profile information required to appear in the left side bar.

Good modding,
neil

I just ran audio_CloverALC again and changed to Audio id 2 instead of 1. I got much better sound quality than before and no problems with the headphones jack now. Maybe it solved my main problem to!! Yippiee!

Alright, changed back to Audio ID 1 again and it looks better:

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-20%20at%2017.13.30.png

Internal Speakers changes to Headphones when i plug them in, and sound works on both backplate and headphones jack.

Thank you very much for noticing! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back