Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard on 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is it better then BigDonkey's one?

I was on my probook yesterday in Snow Leopard when I realized how inconvenient it was to not have the Launch app that came with Lion. So I did a little research and I found this app called QuickPick. It is a customizable launcher that brings a nice Lion feature to Snow Leopard. You can put individual apps on there or folders. The one thing about folders is that you have to create the folder in your Applications folder and then add it that way. Here is a screen shot for anyone interested.

Screen shot 2011-11-30 at 7.04.57 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-11-30 at 7.04.57 AM.png
    968.9 KB · Views: 168
EugeneY said:

Yeah I can see 1 of you tried it, does it seem to be ok??

Dewitts said:
EugeneY said:

Yes, it seems to have solved the problem with intermittent connections :thumbup:

But, how do I get my machine to auto-connect next time I power up or wake from sleep, like a proper Mac? Now, I have to get into network preferences, select the ethernet interface and then choose my router in the drop-down liste every time :banghead:

Baktus said:
Dewitts said:
EugeneY said:

Yes, it seems to have solved the problem with intermittent connections :thumbup:

But, how do I get my machine to auto-connect next time I power up or wake from sleep, like a proper Mac? Now, I have to get into network preferences, select the ethernet interface and then choose my router in the drop-down liste every time :banghead:

err it always autoconnected for me, unless I switched my machine on before the router had finished booting up.
But i'm glad it's stopped the intermittent connections :D

My bad. Deleted the network and added again, within Network Preferences, and this time with the name AirPort in stead of Ethernet...now it works as it should.

Inmike09 said:
I was on my probook yesterday in Snow Leopard when I realized how inconvenient it was to not have the Launch app that came with Lion. So I did a little research and I found this app called QuickPick. It is a customizable launcher that brings a nice Lion feature to Snow Leopard. You can put individual apps on there or folders. The one thing about folders is that you have to create the folder in your Applications folder and then add it that way. Here is a screen shot for anyone interested.

I've installed QuickPic too and took the lion.jpg as my default background wallpaper and voila there is Lion without glitches :headbang:

Baktus said:
My bad. Deleted the network and added again, within Network Preferences, and this time with the name AirPort in stead of Ethernet...now it works as it should.

Happy days :) I think after the football tomorrow I might get around to finishing off my install of 10.6.8 and possibly tinkering to try and get the 2nd graphics card working, I have seen some successes with the 6470m card but it appears that it is the only card they have installed.
I'm thinking they could have possibly deleted all the hd3000 kexts so the only 1 that is seen is the radeon which could explain why theirs works and ours still doesn't...
:yawn:

Inmike09 said:
I fixed the install instructions. I too was getting the gray screen after the 10.6.8 update. When I changed the instructions to just use the 10.6.8 combo update I forgot to include that you need to do all the kext stuff before that. Sorry everyone.

Go back to page 16 for full "right" instructions. I also reuploaded the install files on that page and the post above this one. Good luck!!!!

So now i will not have gray screen after Combo Update to 10.6.8 ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back