FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
AppleHDA.kext

Problem description

When I put my hackintosh to sleep, two different problems occur.
  1. The system goes to sleep, and after 1-2 seconds, something the internal USB bluetooth card wakes it up (the wake reason is "XDCI").
  2. However, the computer can't wake up; instead, a kernel panic occurs and it reboots. The kernel panic log is attached.

What I tried to do

To solve the first problem:
  • Disable wake on LAN;
  • Disable wake by bluetooth devices;
  • Disconnect any USB device before going to sleep;
  • Set all the possible options for the boot parameter "dark wake";
  • Run the command
    Code:
    sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
  • Disconnecting the bluetooth device works, but I cannot disconnect it everytime I put the computer to sleep.

To solve the second problem:
  • (still no ideas).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
  • kerberos.ioreg.zip
    989.6 KB · Views: 107
  • kernel panic.log.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Out of interest..do you have a USB plugged into the internal headers on motherboard. I'm thinking a wifi/Bluetooth card. That may be your problem. If so, no idea hot to fix it.
Yep. Problem #1 was as simple as disconnecting the internal USB bluetooth card. I should have thought about that. However I need to find a solution: I really need bluetooth on my hackintosh, so I have to find out how to prevent the card from waking up the computer. Post updated.

I have the same exact problem! If you disable "Allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer sleep" sleep works fine for me. I am currently using the Broadcom BCM94352Z. Unfortunately I would like to use my bluetooth keyboard and mouse so this "solution" doesn't really work for me.

I have the same exact problem! If you disable "Allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer sleep" sleep works fine for me. I am currently using the Broadcom BCM94352Z. Unfortunately I would like to use my bluetooth keyboard and mouse so this "solution" doesn't really work for me.
Disabling "Allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer sleep" doesn't work for me. I am using the new Broadcom version BCM943602CS.

I'm having the same issue. I bought this card from Amazon: [New Version] ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS Combo Card For Hackintosh (MAC OS X) Airport Computers, Supports Hands-off.

The adapter works perfectly but when I put the computer to sleep it wakes itself back up a second or so later. All of the relevant power settings are disabled in both the BIOS and OS X itself. It does seem to be down to the Bluetooth adapter though, as if I unplug it from the USB (either the header or external port) the issue resolves itself (although obviously that's impractical).

In my console log it states the wake reason as "XDCI". I'm running an i7 6700K on a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 board with a 980 (using the NVIDIA drivers).

I'm having the same issue. I bought this card from Amazon: [New Version] ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS Combo Card For Hackintosh (MAC OS X) Airport Computers, Supports Hands-off.

The adapter works perfectly but when I put the computer to sleep it wakes itself back up a second or so later. All of the relevant power settings are disabled in both the BIOS and OS X itself. It does seem to be down to the Bluetooth adapter though, as if I unplug it from the USB (either the header or external port) the issue resolves itself (although obviously that's impractical).

In my console log it states the wake reason as "XDCI". I'm running an i7 6700K on a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 board with a 980 (using the NVIDIA drivers).
I see, that's exactly the card I bought, unfortunately I haven't found a solution. Out of curiosity, does wake work fine for you or does it end up in a reboot?

Everything else appears to be fine as far as I can see. I did have an issue that was causing the computer to power up again after a shutdown when the card was installed but a tweak in the BIOS fixed that.

I wonder if it's something to do with either the adapter itself or the PCI-E card, as the computer powered itself up the moment I plugged the USB cable into the header on first install. I might give it a try on another PCI-E slot tonight.

Everything else appears to be fine as far as I can see. I did have an issue that was causing the computer to power up again after a shutdown when the card was installed but a tweak in the BIOS fixed that.

I wonder if it's something to do with either the adapter itself or the PCI-E card, as the computer powered itself up the moment I plugged the USB cable into the header on first install. I might give it a try on another PCI-E slot tonight.
I'm mostly sure the problem isn't caused by the PCI-E card itself, but by the bluetooth USB header. After disconnecting it sleep works fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back