Contribute
Register

Sleep/Wake issues Mac18,3 Mojave & Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't go to sleep on its own. Will sleep with Apple drop down menu. I've made many changes today including a new SSDT-USB.AML While this has the needed USB ports working properly, it has not cured the sleep problem.

Please enter the following in to Terminal and post the output:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure

Code:
The hack does not stay in sleep. Wakes on its own. Looks like it is TB related.
Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 5.58.03 PM.png

Code:
I deleted four com.apple.Powermanagment.plist from Library>Preferences and now the system sleeps automatically but still getting the TB power failure during wake.
Failure during wake: RP21(AppleThunderboltHAL AppleAHCI AppleAHCI XHC5) : Some drivers failed to handle setPowerState panic

The hack does not stay in sleep. Wakes on its own. Looks like it is TB related. View attachment 439624
There isn't anything plugged into the TB ports
I deleted four com.apple.Powermanagment.plist from Library>Preferences and now the system sleeps automatically but still getting the TB power failure during wake.
Failure during wake: RP21(AppleThunderboltHAL AppleAHCI AppleAHCI XHC5) : Some drivers failed to handle setPowerState panic

Yup, looks like it's Thunderbolt related. Probably the USB portion of Thunderbolt.

Yup, looks like it's Thunderbolt related. Probably the USB portion of Thunderbolt.
I have the thunderbolt plugged into this: "Kalolary 9pin USB Header Male 1 to 4 Female Extension Cable Card Motherboard 9-Pin USB HUB USB 2.0, 9 pin Connector Adapter Port Multiplier. It is plugged into the left hand USB2 header. The TB Titan Ridge card is plugged into this as well as the Bluetooth part of the WIFI card.

I have the thunderbolt plugged into this: "Kalolary 9pin USB Header Male 1 to 4 Female Extension Cable Card Motherboard 9-Pin USB HUB USB 2.0, 9 pin Connector Adapter Port Multiplier. It is plugged into the left hand USB2 header. The TB Titan Ridge card is plugged into this as well as the Bluetooth part of the WIFI card.

That sound pretty complicated/elaborate... I don't know if that's the problem. Personally, I'd try sleep without that hub thing and see if the system sleeps...

That sound pretty complicated/elaborate... I don't know if that's the problem. Personally, I'd try sleep without that hub thing and see if the system sleeps...
The system is sleeping now, time will tell if it stays asleep but I am still getting: RP21(AppleThunderboltHAL AppleAHCI AppleAHCI XHC5) : Some drivers failed to handle setPowerState panic. :banghead:

The system is sleeping now, time will tell if it stays asleep but I am still getting: RP21(AppleThunderboltHAL AppleAHCI AppleAHCI XHC5) : Some drivers failed to handle setPowerState panic. :banghead:

It's definitely related to Thunderbolt. Make sure your SSDT for Thunderbolt is done correctly. I'm a Thunderbolt noob so I won't be much help there.

It's definitely related to Thunderbolt. Make sure your SSDT for Thunderbolt is done correctly. I'm a Thunderbolt noob so I won't be much help there.
I have one but I do not know who to contact about the problem. Do you? I don’t know what to look for in the SSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back