CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all! Another newbie here with sleep/wake issues. I've been working on this for a week and none of the fixes have worked. Time to post my own thread, I suppose. Here is the laydown:

1) Initial: got Mojave up and running more than a month ago w/clover - everything worked great! Even sleep and iMessage.

2) Changes: At some point sleep stopped working. Here is what I added changed in the interim:
a) 2TB WD HDD, moved Documents to the HDD (boots from SSD)
b) Logitech webcam (plug-and-play, hurray!)
c) New Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 esports mouse w/software suite
d) wifi PCIe card

3) Symptoms:
a) usb keyboard unresponsive (num lock not lit, either)
c) mouse (rival 310 - RGB working) will wake the system...
i. screen does not wake from "power save" mode (no response)
ii. case fans go to 100% and will not slow down (even after an hour)
iii. Keyboard remains unresponsive (no num lock, cap lock, etc)
iv. reset button unresponsive (especially weird, b/c its usually a liability w/ my toddler around)
v. CD tray will open, close, and attempt to read

4) Fixes attempted so far:
a) deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.PowerManagement*.plist - no effect
b) uninstalled the mouse's software suite. Also tried going back to previous mouse - no effect
c) removed wifi PCIe card - no effect
d) moved the SSD boot disk from Slot 4 to Slot 0 - no effect
e) updated to macOS Catalina from App Store (update worked!) - no effect
f) modified config.plist (which seems an odd thing to do because it worked fine for several weeks) - no effect
i. ACPI: FixUSB, FixDisplay, DeleteUnused, FixS3D, USB
ii. Boot: Neither Darkwake = none, 2, nor 8 have any effect
iii. Boot: NeverHibernate, SkipHibernateTimeout, Debug
iv. kexts: 10.7(default?), 10.15(created), and OS other all now have:
- FakeSMC.kext
- USBInjectAll.kext
- XHCI-unsupported.kext

And I'm spent. Thanks for making it this far. If you have any more tricks to try, I'm all ears.

Also, this is the system report on restart:

Sleep Wake failure in EFI
Failure code:: 0xffffffff 0x0000001f

Similar here - Dell Optiplex 9020SFF (i5 HD4600), and an RX570 - If I boot without the GPU, it works fine. If I use a connectorless ig-platform-id it panics, and if it use an ig with connectors it has a black screen on wake.
I've set the primary video card to Radeon and disabled sleep for now, but the only fix I've found (and it's annoying) is to set the primary to IGPU, enable MultiDisplay, enable CSM/Legacy Option ROMs, and use a non-connectorless ig-platform-id.
..RadeonDeInit makes no difference. WhateverGreen alone results in above. Having just RadeonDeInit is terrible.

hi guys, have you solved ?, I have the same problem

Have the same issue on MacOS 10.15 Catalina.
After 3 hours of sleep, found the Hackintosh in the same state as described above.
1) Monitor = No signal
2) Fans running high

Troubleshooting performed:
1) Unplug/Replug USB Keyboard & Mouse
2) Unplug/Replug Monitor
--> No help

Anybody have any idea?

Please ya'll,

if you find the culprit or a solution, do share!

I've been having issues with sleep/wake ever since upgrading to Catalina. Mojave worked perfectly.

Initial problem (which I think may help you) is that it would sleep but on wake the fans would run at full forever and the video didn't work.

I recently spent some time cleaning up my kexts install and I think I took away too many. After a little research I installed the latest version of WhateverGreen (https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen) working on the theory that it has a bunch GPU related workarounds. This fixed the issue. Now the GPU comes up fine on wake, fans run normally. Much better.

Try WhateverGreen, maybe that will help you.

Problem I have now is that USB doesn't work on restart. Doesn't matter if I replug in devices it's not working, so that the next thing to try and fix.

Same problem in Catalina for me
Mojave was working without any issue

I update all kexts
- WG
- Lilu
AppleALC
but still same issue

Hey all! Another newbie here with sleep/wake issues. I've been working on this for a week and none of the fixes have worked. Time to post my own thread, I suppose. Here is the laydown:

And I'm spent. Thanks for making it this far. If you have any more tricks to try, I'm all ears.

I'm having the same problem. Wake only fails once every few days - mostly wake works fine.

Based on your report, I just unplugged my Logitech Webcam C930e to see after a few days if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back