Contribute
Register

Skylake-X/X299 and macOS Sierra 10.12 - [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this. If you enable CSM you can then choose legacy or UEFI for boot devices, pcie devices etc. Clover is configured for EFI only and boots into Sierra fine. I believe CSM is changing the order of ports on mine and that's why it fixes my multi monitor connected issue

So with this driver I get no crashes of the Driver Manager - it is in my bar on the top and works fine. The only difference I see is that I didn't use CSR 0x00 (ie SIP enabled) to install, as it's not needed on Sierra (0x67 works fine)

1.)
---------------------
Wikipedia:

The Compatibility Support Module (CSM) is a component of the UEFI firmware that provides legacy BIOS compatibility by emulating a BIOS environment, allowing legacy operating systems and some option ROMs that do not support UEFI to still be used.

CSM also provides required legacy System Management Mode (SMM) functionality, called CompatibilitySmm, as an addition to features provided by the UEFI SMM. This is optional and highly chipset- and platform-specific. An example of such a legacy SMM functionality is providing USB legacy support for keyboard and mouse, by emulating their classic PS/2 counterparts.

---------------------

In conclusion, you should provide your graphics card with UEFI compatible firmware..

2.) And with this driver the Nvidia Web Driver Manager crashes on my system... Full Stop, independent of the SIP ....

So enabling it means u can do UEFI and legacy. Anyway enabling it fixed my issue incase anyone else is experiencing the blank screen with 2 monitors connected

Last edited:
2.) And with this driver the Nvidia Web Driver Manager crashes on my system... Full Stop, independent of the SIP ....

Hello @kgp,

first of all a BIG thank for all your detailed guides on X299 platform and you continuously helping out the community....

when you have time can you please check if after updating on your System the 10.12.6 with the latest security update and after installing the new sierra web driver https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.05.05.25f03.pkg crashes and compatibility problem with X299 platform and Sierra still persist.

many thanks in advance!

P.S. I finally ordered these components and I am looking forward to complete this new build, I would like to install both 10.12.6 and 10.13.1. I will report back on how it goes...

Monitor LG 34UM88-P 3.5K 34" Wide
Motherboard ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Gaming K6
Ram DIMM DDR4 32GB GSkill F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB 4X8GB
Cpu Intel® Core i7-7820X 8 core
HDD Seagate Desktop ST2000DM006 2 TB
SSD samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB
Case Corsair Carbide Clear 400C black
psu Corsair RM750x 80+ Gold
graphics Gigabyte GV-N1080G1 GAMING-8GD
Cooler Corsair Hydro H110i

ciao from Italy!

Last edited:
Just want to chime in -- the High Sierra 10.13 guide and walkthrough is much more bulletproof and easier! So if you end up killing yourself trying to get to the installer screen -- your life will be MUCH easier using the High Sierra guide on this board, IMHO. (Asus X299 Prime Deluxe - EVGA GeForce 1060 - Samsung Pro 850 2TB SSD) Most of the folks on this board are there if you need support as well.

Good luck!

So how did it go / turn out? All good?
hello @Ed Ding , if you refer to me, I can say yes it went all good but I installed directly Mac Os 10.13.1 High Sierra because I figured it would have been much easier.
All good and stable, if you want I can share Bios settings for my motherboard, but keep in mind that some settings tend to be processor dependent...

bye

OZ.

hello KGP, there is one thing I do not understand.

With the installation of clover all the setting of the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe card, and particularly the setting of PCI Express ports, is not put in the config.plist?
I am new to the Hakintosh world, I made a hackintosh from a Z400, which works very well.
But I do not remember having made such an adjustment in the config.plist.

I'm not looking for plug and play, but I'm just trying to understand, because I'm a video pro, and I need a very powerful machine to edit 4K videos.

Looking forward to reading you

hello KGP, there is one thing I do not understand.

With the installation of clover all the setting of the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe card, and particularly the setting of PCI Express ports, is not put in the config.plist?
I am new to the Hakintosh world, I made a hackintosh from a Z400, which works very well.
But I do not remember having made such an adjustment in the config.plist.

I'm not looking for plug and play, but I'm just trying to understand, because I'm a video pro, and I need a very powerful machine to edit 4K videos.

Looking forward to reading you

Which Asus Prime X299 Deluxe card you refer to? Which PCI Express port settings you want to implement in the config.plist?

I do not understand the meaning or technical background of your questions at all, sorry...

Hey KGP, I first want to thank you for your fantastic guide, got my system up and running successfully! I had a question about the onboard bluetooth. I am on a very similar board to yours (STRIX X299-e gaming) small step down from the deluxe. You mention that your onboard bluetooth was working, did that "just work" or did you have to do anything special to make it work? Mine isn't being detected by my system. I would get the adapter your talking about, but I don't have much use for wifi and really only looking for bluetooth audio for music or Facetime calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back