Contribute
Register

Skylake-X/X299 and macOS Sierra 10.12 - [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem, the prelinked kernel gets built with CSR 0x0 i.e. during installation and not when rebooting with 0x67. It might work fine depending on your setup. Approving the kexts with SIP disabled removes both the kext approval feature and any SIP-related issues from troubleshooting any subsequent problems i.e. it must be something else.

Edit: Attached script that only adds the web drivers to the kext policy database, it can be run before the vanilla Nvidia installer with your usual SIP settings.

And your scripts also work with the 10.12.6 web driver? Note that this is the Skylake-X/X299 macOS Sierra 10.12 thread and not the one for 10.13... ;)

Last edited:
So didn't need to set CSR to 00, can install latest drivers with CSR 67.

All working fine with my 1080ti, except I have to disconnect the 2nd monitor when booting (on HDMI), else I get black screens

Ideas ?

Also - NVIDIA drivers dont crash on login - is this cause new driver ? or maybe update your guide

Last edited:
So didn't need to set CSR to 00, can install latest drivers with CSR 67.

All working fine with my 1080ti, except I have to disconnect the 2nd monitor when booting (on HDMI), else I get black screens

Ideas ?

Also - NVIDIA drivers dont crash on login - is this cause new driver ? or maybe update your guide

Which new driver? Are you using the 10.13 Web Driver for 10.12.6?

Am using the WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01 driver on 10.12

Allright, I will give it a try later. It might well be that I used an older driver...

Another question: When booting a macOS Sierra 10.12.6 USB Flash Drive Installer, the boot process falters at gIOScreenLockState,3 ... How do you fix that issue?

Another question: When booting a macOS Sierra 10.12.6 USB Flash Drive Installer, the boot process falters at gIOScreenLockState,3 ... How do you fix that issue?
I already had Sierra installed and was using a RX580. So I just ran the AGDP fix, installed the drivers (using csr 0x67), then switched the card to the GTX1080ti and turned on.

It wasn't so easy on high sierra though - as there is the new functionality to install kexts from 3rd parties. I can't boot my system with SIP enabled - tried on Sierra and High Sierra

The only issue I have on Sierra is that I can't boot with both monitors connected. I get powered off screens at login if I do. If only 1 monitor connected all is good & once I log in, can connect the 2nd monitor

Ok so I have fixed the issue with booting with both monitors connected. I needed to enable CSM in BIOS & can now boot Sierra and High Sierra with both monitors connected. What is the reason you recommend disabling CSM for ?

Last edited:
Ok so I have fixed the issue with booting with both monitors connected. I needed to enable CSM in BIOS & can now boot Sierra and High Sierra with both monitors connected. What is the reason you recommend disabling CSM for ?

It is incompatible with UEFI...

That's exactly the driver I have installed and nevertheless the Nvidia Web Driver Manager crashes at login, although the Web Driver continues working! Exactly as described in my guide.

And no way to successfully boot the macOS Sierra 10.12.6 USB Flash Drive Installer with a Nvidia Graphics Card on Skylake-X / X299. Nothing to be changed on my guide. Still status quo...

It is incompatible with UEFI...
I don't understand this. If you enable CSM you can then choose legacy or UEFI for boot devices, pcie devices etc. Clover is configured for EFI only and boots into Sierra fine. I believe CSM is changing the order of ports on mine and that's why it fixes my multi monitor connected issue

That's exactly the driver I have installed and nevertheless the Nvidia Web Driver Manager crashes at login, although the Web Driver continues working! Exactly as described in my guide.
So with this driver I get no crashes of the Driver Manager - it is in my bar on the top and works fine. The only difference I see is that I didn't use CSR 0x00 (ie SIP enabled) to install, as it's not needed on Sierra (0x67 works fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back