Contribute
Register

Skylake-X/X299 and macOS Sierra 10.12 - [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently testing Clover_v2.4k_r4233's OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi on long term system stability. Using the latter efi-file instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi totally removes the memory allocation error in boot.

As soon as OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi turns out to be stable I will distribute a new EFi-Folder with the latter efi-file instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.

If you don't want to wait and you already want to do your own system stability testing you are very welcome! Just install Clover_v2.4k_r4233, including the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI !

Cheers,

KGP
This seems to have done the trick ! Thanks !!

where can i find the latest version of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi ?

It is part of the Clover_v2.4k_r4233 Boot Loader Installer Package!

Hi all,

My system is:
X299 DELUXE
i9-7900x
GtX 1050 windforce 2GB
128GB Corsair LPX
Cooler master v750 PSU
Crucial 525GB SSD
Corsair h100i

I have tried to follow exactly the 3 Oct version EFI and KGP's x299 bio setting (except CSM I didn't disable as if I do that I dunno why I would have no display).

However, I still stuck in some points
HID Legacy Shim 2
gIOScreenLockState
Nanoseconds

Actually this week I have tried many time from 10.13 failed (with 1 Oct version) and then format and try 10.12 but still successful.

In addition, I have passed a few times actually (dunno why but and then with it reach something about imac17,1 (that's all what I could glance as it just flash out) then it reboot itself and everything just need to do again.

Can anybody help?

I have tried the kernelPm but it didn't help any.....

a.) Please complete your profile with the above system information!

b.) CSM must be disabled!

c.) What do you mean by "...and then format and try 10.12 but still successful."?

d.) Show error message before reboot..

Fantastic news my friends!

Tracking.png

With little delay but now on it's way :lol::clap::headbang:

kgp.png

My system is:
X299 DELUXE
i9-7900x
Asus GTX 1080Ti O11G
64GB kinston
samsumg 960pro 512GB SSD
Corsair h115i
DELL U2718Q 4K x2
I install 10.12.6 and I can use Final Cut Pro X,Adobe and Davinci perfectly.But I have some trouble in dual monitor.I use dual monitor with DP port and It will be black screen,but when I use only one monitor,I can enter 10.12.6 flawlessly.I don't know why it happened and how I should solve the problem.
Can anybody help?

The beast is arriving !!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Tracking new.png

kgp.png

i9.png

The beast is alive!

World's first fully functional and stable i9-7980XE Skylake-X/X299 Hackintosh System

XCPM-10.12.6.png

Geekbench-4.1.3-10.12.6-2.png

Geekbench-4.1.3.-10.12.6-1.png

Geekbench-4.1.3-10.12.6.png

Cinebench-10.12.6.png

kgp.png
:headbang::headbang::headbang::mrgreen:;):thumbup:

Last edited:
Hi KGP,

I'm very grateful for such an extensive guide, but I sadly run into NVIDIA-related problems as well. I really don't have the option to get an AMD card, so I hope I may have missed something you or someone else can help me with.

With my GT640 (native OOB) I can get to the white of the setup screen and move my cursor the first second, before it freezes. No nv-related bootargs used.

With my intended GT1030 and nv_disable I get gIOScreenLockState 3. Kexts are latest Lilu and NVIDIAGraphicsFixup, also bootargs -lilubeta and -ngfxbeta.

Any clue what I may be looking at?

Besides this I have a working 10.12.6 on a SATA-drive, but the USB-installer won't even start the memory allocation, it just stays on Clover screen after I hit return to boot, then after another keyboard interaction the screen goes black and stays that way. Oddly the same USB-installer does get all the way to the problem described above when running the setup directly.

Attached you'll find my EFI-folder. I have an i9-7920X (8-core), so TSync is set to 15. I believe strongly and have checked that I have copied all your BIOS settings precisely, after updating to the latest BIOS version. There are no other PCI-drives attached, I only swapped out the WiFi chip for a working one.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    29.7 MB · Views: 96
Hello, today my new system has arrived:

- Gigabyte X299 UD4
- i7-7820X (8x 3,6)
- Gigabyte 1080ti 8Gb
- 64GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- VT-d -> disabled
- all other Bios settings you mentioned at page 1

I tried your ZIP-package (deleted the ASUS kext) and the system get stuck at the very beginning:
OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides.

Any Idea to fix this?

My system is:
X299 DELUXE
i9-7900x
Asus GTX 1080Ti O11G
64GB kinston
samsumg 960pro 512GB SSD
Corsair h115i
DELL U2718Q 4K x2
I install 10.12.6 and I can use Final Cut Pro X,Adobe and Davinci perfectly.But I have some trouble in dual monitor.I use dual monitor with DP port and It will be black screen,but when I use only one monitor,I can enter 10.12.6 flawlessly.I don't know why it happened and how I should solve the problem.
Can anybody help?

How did you manage to get the web driver working with your Asus GTX 1080Ti O11G and how did you pass gioscreenlockstate 3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back