Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this looks like in Clover Configurator?

KernelandKextPatches/KextsToPatch:
Comment : Intel HD530 - Port 7 as HDMI
Find : ff 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 20 00 00 00
Name : AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
Replace : 03 06 0a 00 00 08 00 00 87 01 00 00

Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 22.30.14.png

Last edited:
OK after testing Intel HD 530 on the ASUS Maximus VIII Hero with success, I tested the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH. It appears as if we'll have to do some work on the Z170X-UD5-TH to make it work.

With Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH:
If I use Inject Intel = No I get black screen on HDMI port, which is the only graphics port besides the Thunderbolt 3 ports. If I Inject Intel = Yes, I can access the desktop, however there is no acceleration.

Bottom line- looks like we'll have to come up with some patches in order for some graphics port layouts to function correctly.

EDIT: Patching the framebuffer works- for the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH, here is the patch to use in Clover's KextstoPatch section. It will replace the unused Port 0x0 with 0x7.

Code:
<dict>                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Intel HD 530 - Port 7 as HDMI</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                /wAAAAEAAAAgAAAA
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AwYKAAAIAACHAQAA
                </data>
</dict>

Thanks to ammulder for the patch info!

Thanks, tried it couple of times, but it just keeps restarting... Wil create a fresh config.plist and add only this patch, see how it goes...

Last edited:
KernelandKextPatches/KextsToPatch:
Comment : Intel HD530 - Port 7 as HDMI
Find : ff 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 20 00 00 00
Name : AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
Replace : 03 06 0a 00 00 08 00 00 87 01 00 00

View attachment 197601
Yeah, that was it. I created a new config.plist and add the value, and whopaa :) I am in the game again ! Thanks ! Now i can patch the sound as wel :)

Yeah, that was it. I created a new config.plist and add the value, and whopaa :) I am in the game again ! Thanks ! Now i can patch the sound as wel :)
oké... after patching the sound with the command line form toleda ... I am back to the start... restart loop...

oké... after patching the sound with the command line form toleda ... I am back to the start... restart loop...
Disabling the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer line form Toleda < t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-4_displays > brings me back in the game, but the sound is not patched of course. hmm... now what?

Disabling the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer line form Toleda < t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-4_displays > brings me back in the game, but the sound is not patched of course. hmm... now what?
Using the 4 displays patch may change the connector you're on which has been patched, so in theory the 'Find' may need to be replaced with the actual port 0x7 binary. To be certain; with the 4th display patch in place make a copy of IOReg when connected to the HDMI port and reply with IOReg [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com. App is at the bottom of Post#1.

Hi and thanks for the patch. I'm trying to get HDMI working on 6700HQ skylake (see my signature for sull specs). I'm using this 2 patch to get it working:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AQMDAw==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AQMEAw==
</data>
</dict>

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>HDMI patch</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
/wAAAAEAAAAgAAAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AwYKAAAIAACHAQAA
</data>
</dict>

Those 2 patch are needed to add the @3 framebuffer and patch it to be used as HDMI port. Now I'm able to connect a monitor via HDMI, but ONLY after boot. If i plug it before booting i get black screen on internal display and a partial image on the monitor. Any idea to fix it? I also tried iMac 17,1 with the same result.

DP (never worked, but i suppose framebuffer@1), VGA framebuffer@2, HDMI @framebuffer@3 are the ports of my laptop. If someone is interested, VGA is also working with low resolution, but as for HDMI, it works only after boot and with kext patching.

Attachments

• MB11,2.ioreg.zip
    492.3 KB · Views: 103
  • config.plist
    9.3 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
If i plug it before booting i get black screen on internal display and a partial image on the monitor. Any idea to fix it? I also tried iMac 17,1 with the same result.
At the moment I haven't found an alternative method to boot dual monitors other than hot plug HDMI after boot, or switch on the 2nd monitor after POST. Your IOReg shows your LDVS screen connected and the Connector @3 is patched successfully for HDMI. In 10.11.5 I also need to disable the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext Board-ID match when using iMac17,1 system definition, otherwise only one monitor.

At the moment I haven't found an alternative method to boot dual monitors other than hot plug HDMI after boot, or switch on the 2nd monitor after POST. Your IOReg shows your LDVS screen connected and the Connector @3 is patched successfully for HDMI. In 10.11.5 I also need to disable the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext Board-ID match when using iMac17,1 system definition, otherwise only one monitor.
Thank you. I have also disabled AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext when using iMac17,1.
So for be able to boot with HDMI i suppose to need to wait 10.12.
Do you know if is possible to boot with DP instead ? Actually my DP port is not working, i tried with a DP to DVI cable with no success.

Thank you. I have also disabled AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext when using iMac17,1.
So for be able to boot with HDMI i suppose to need to wait 10.12.
Do you know if is possible to boot with DP instead ? Actually my DP port is not working, i tried with a DP to DVI cable with no success.

The problem is that your connected LDVS counts as one screen, with OS X El Capitan and HD530 it is only allowing us to boot a single screen and then connect another. I'm not sure the reason and research is still on going but maybe lack of support for integrated graphics at the moment.
Your native framebuffer consists of one LDVS connector, 2 external DP's and an unused connector. Using the 4th display patch enables the framebuffer @3 to become a 3rd external DP connector. Your DP should work without an edit, although depends on the adapter, is it active DP2DVI adapter? Test: boot your system and then connect your DVI monitor, open IOReg and see if the monitor is seen or post IOReg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back