Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right! I was booting from the USB this whole time! If I remove it and boot it from my UEFI Partition (explicitly from my Motherboard), things change! Unfortunately, I am getting a kernel panic.

If you refer to Picture #2, you can see that I am indeed booting with ig-platform-id 19120000 and injecting IntelHD. However, this causes a kernel panic (Picture #1). I don't know much about clover's process of injecting kexts and such, but if I run with argv -v (Picture #3) I get the output at Picture #4. After hanging at picture #4's last step for about 20-30 seconds, it displays "busy timeout[1], (60s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'" and immediately shows the apple boot logo with an empty progress bar and just stays there.

This last message kind of gave me a clue. Maybe the problem is the ACPICPU kext I am injecting? I am going to try to remove it from my config.plist and reboot. I'll see what happens.

nv_disable=1

Attachments

• 01_1.jpg
    01_1.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 123
I boot with nv_disable=1 and it doesn't work :(

Remove glitch fix to see if it causes the problem (it has been known to happen).
You should also check other requirements:
- VT-d disabled (or use dart=0)
- IGPU prealloc set to 64mb
- IGPU primary
- monitor plugged into IGPU
- digital connection to monitor
- framebuffer patched for "4 displays" if needed
- CPU PM implemented (try with cpus=1 if needed)

Also, you should provide verbose boot pic *and* EFI/Clover (as ZIP, without themes)... otherwise we are just guessing about what you're doing...

Remove glitch fix to see if it causes the problem (it has been known to happen).
- IGPU primary

Also, you should provide verbose boot pic *and* EFI/Clover (as ZIP, without themes)... otherwise we are just guessing about what you're doing...

Ok. Did the following:

I "started over" (not a fresh install, but a "fresh" config.plist rather). I copied my bootable USB's config.plist (where I boot from when I mess up my EFI/Clover/config.plist on disk) and I pasted it in EFI/Clover/ (overriding my current unusable one). Something interesting happened... Although I can boot correctly (with graphics glitch and 7MB of VRAM with IntelHD 530) from my USB... I can't boot from my HD if I use the same config.plist. The output and the config.plist are attached. Also, I attached my BIOS config... maybe I am missing something there? I am using my HDMI port from my Mobo.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 123
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 145
- IGPU primary

Sorry.. Forgot to include the EFI/Clover folder zipped. Also, what is the CPU PM?

Thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

I am getting full acceleration. Upper left glitch gone but now I'm getting boot glitch on startup.

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 02.45.02.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 02.41.17.png

I tried your tips but it doesn't help;

- IGPU primary

I also tried these kext to patch and they didn't work.

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 13.00.19.png

I attached my ioreg and Clover folder. Could you please help me with that? Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 13.00.19.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 13.00.19.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 02.41.17.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 02.41.17.png
    268.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 82
I am getting full acceleration. Upper left glitch gone but now I'm getting boot glitch on startup.

View attachment 239037

View attachment 239035

- IGPU primary

View attachment 239036

I attached my ioreg and Clover folder. Could you please help me with that? Thank you.

None of the boot glitch patches you have are correct for 10.12.x.
Correct patch:
Comment: Boot graphics glitch, 10.12.dp1 (credit denskop)
Find: <01000075 25>
Replace: <010000eb 25>

View attachment 239037

View attachment 239035

- IGPU primary

View attachment 239036

Hey man! Mind me asking how did you get your Intel HD 530 to work? Are you booting from the config.plist in your Archive.zip?

Thanks!

None of the boot glitch patches you have are correct for 10.12.x.
Correct patch:
Comment: Boot graphics glitch, 10.12.dp1 (credit denskop)
Find: <01000075 25>
Replace: <010000eb 25>
Would this work for me as well? I am pretty much getting the same thing as telepati... or is it another issue?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Would this work for me as well? I am pretty much getting the same thing as telepati... or is it another issue?

Thanks for your help in advance!

It is the correct patch for 10.12.x graphics glitch. Further discussion here is off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back