Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you manage to solve your issues with webkit apps? I'm getting the same glitches, the upper left corner is gone but I have glitches in webkit apps like Paws, Slack, etc...

This did fix the glitches in the upper left corner, but it didn't fix low FPS in 3d demanding apps. Also, the glitches in some webkit apps are still present.

[SOLVED] Look further down to see what I did

Hi there!

I'm kind of at a loss here with this fix. For some reason when I try to apply the fix (I'm using the Skylake glitch fix-V3.plist file) my display messes up my colours and makes everything purple-ish. The weird thing is that I managed to get it working before, but in my ignorance when trying to fix another problem I did a major error and basically wiped my entire boot drive clean, and without a backup I had to start over from the beginning.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I've attached my config.plist if anyone could take a look at it. I would really appreciate any kind of help with this!

341c2d6ae9.jpg

Not really sure why my image is upside down, but you get the point! :D

I should note that I'm using iMac14,2 as my system definition running on Sierra 10.12.1

Solved: I did two things, and I'm not really sure which one solved my problem. Firstly I generated an SSDT file for my system (I doubt that this was the reason it started working). I suspected that it was maybe my GTX 1080 that was causing the problem, even though I'm not using it in macOS. So I removed it from my system and re-applied everything in my config.plist - rebooted, and to my surprise I was seeing a glitch free Sierra! :D So if anyone else is having the same problem, try removing your nvidia card before applying this.

Edit 2: The problem came back after a few reboots, I noticed that you don't have to physically remove the card from the motherboard to fix this. You can just change your BIOS settings to use the Nvidia card, then boot into Windows and then restart and change back to your iGPU. It should resolve the problem.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
This also fixed menu bar glitch in El Capitan.

[SOLVED] Look further down to see what I did

Hi there!

I'm kind of at a loss here with this fix. For some reason when I try to apply the fix (I'm using the Skylake glitch fix-V3.plist file) my display messes up my colours and makes everything purple-ish. The weird thing is that I managed to get it working before, but in my ignorance when trying to fix another problem I did a major error and basically wiped my entire boot drive clean, and without a backup I had to start over from the beginning.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I've attached my config.plist if anyone could take a look at it. I would really appreciate any kind of help with this!

341c2d6ae9.jpg

Not really sure why my image is upside down, but you get the point! :D

I should note that I'm using iMac14,2 as my system definition running on Sierra 10.12.1

Solved: I did two things, and I'm not really sure which one solved my problem. Firstly I generated an SSDT file for my system (I doubt that this was the reason it started working). I suspected that it was maybe my GTX 1080 that was causing the problem, even though I'm not using it in macOS. So I removed it from my system and re-applied everything in my config.plist - rebooted, and to my surprise I was seeing a glitch free Sierra! :D So if anyone else is having the same problem, try removing your nvidia card before applying this.

Thanks, I have also an unsupported nvidia card and the glitch continues with the fix.
I applied the fix with the nvidia card disconnected and works. Then I connected the card a still works!!!

Guys what I realise today. I think my Sleep/Wake is working.

Please confirm me Do I do the test correctly?

On the apple menu I choosing Sleep
Monitor goes sleep but my case not;
Monitor says No Output Signal on Black screen.
I wait 30 min. Then just touch my Keyboard and Monitor Waked without any problem Network, Bluetooth all USB working. I made this several times.(Times I tried; 30min, 1hour, 5min, 1min) And its worked every try.

Before the patch When I choosing Sleep on the Apple menu monitor goes sleep but never came back I always made force restart from the case.

is that mean my Sleep/Wake working?

Last edited:
Guys what I realise today. I think my Sleep/Wake is working.

Please confirm me am I doing right for the test;

On the apple menu I choosing Sleep
Monitor goes sleep but my case not;
Monitor says No Signal Output on Black screen.
I wait 30 min. Then just touch my Keyboard and Monitor Waked without any problem Network, Bluetooth all USB working. I made this several time.(Waiting time 30min, 1hour, 5min, 1min) And its worked every try.

Before the patch When I choosing Sleep on the Apple menu monitor goes sleep but never came back I always made force restart from the case.

is that mean my Sleep/Wake working?
Ma I ask you, which Hardware Setup you have? You mentioned that you've two gpus, right? Does this work with hd530 only? Maybe it is useful, that you post your config.
Much thanks in advance.
MacHannes

Did you manage to solve your issues with webkit apps? I'm getting the same glitches, the upper left corner is gone but I have glitches in webkit apps like Paws, Slack, etc...
Nope, never fixed them. Supper annoying. It's only happening in Electron apps (I think).

hi i want to know how to make work dual monitor with HD 530

i have 2 ASUS VC239H (1080p) monitors but only one works via HDMI or DVI, but not 2 at the same time

my motherboard its Gigabyte H170n-wifi with i7 6700 and 16GB DDR4 RAM (corsair LPX 2133)

for all with an CustomProperties in config.plist and still have glitches, you need to add the GfxYTile in the properties.
success here.
<key>Arbitrary</key>

<array>

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>10.8+-Intel-IGPU-HDMI-HDA</string>

<key>CustomProperties</key>

<array>

<dict>

<key>Key</key>

<string>hda-gfx</string>

<key>Value</key>

<string>onboard-1</string>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>Key</key>

<string>AAPL,GfxYTile</string>

<key>Value</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

</dict>

</array>

<key>PciAddr</key>

<string>00:02.00</string>

</dict>

Any chance this 530 support will make its way into the next update of multibeast so you can unlock it with a simple "inject nvidia" checkbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back