Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Diamond Radeon 4870 1GB card in addition to Intel 530 HD on board graphics. I experience the graphics glitch when I use the Intel 530 HD over HDMI, but not when I use the Radeon 4870 over DVI.

Can anyone tell me if the Radeon provides better graphics performance than the on board Intel 530 HD or how best to test it?

I see a similar issue to mine posted in the last few replies; if I turn my monitor (TV actually) off then back on, I've lost the signal and can't get it back.

If I switch inputs though, say to my Apple TV and back, I get the signal back.

Issue doesn't arise unless I turn the TV off.

Any thoughts?

cheers

I see a similar issue to mine posted in the last few replies; if I turn my monitor (TV actually) off then back on, I've lost the signal and can't get it back.

If I switch inputs though, say to my Apple TV and back, I get the signal back.

Issue doesn't arise unless I turn the TV off.

Any thoughts?

cheers
Could you please try using ig-platform 191B0000 and fakeID 191B8086?

Using these "fixed" AirPlay to Apple TV for me (I don't have anything I'm able to plug into the motherboard outputs currently).

I still have the glitches with this however, but that happens for everyone with a dedicated GPU + Intel HD530.

Please re-read the rules and complete your profile so that your system detail if reflected in the left side bar.

We do not know what you are running, so we can not respond to your query.

Good modding,
neil

Thanks. I've filled the profile.

The issue that I've with HD530. If screen goes to sleep (by timer from energy saving preferences) after wake up I see only black screen. Only reboot helps.

Thanks. I've filled the profile.

The issue that I've with HD530. If screen goes to sleep (by timer from energy saving preferences) after wake up I see only black screen. Only reboot helps.

Thank you for updating your profile.

On my ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming Mini-ITX i7-6700K system I do not use HD530 IGPU and have a GTX 760 installed. The issue that I have with time-out sleep is after wake the sound is no longer active. This is not a problem to me as I don't require my desktop machines to sleep, so I don't expend any effort on a remedy.

On my ASUS H110S1/CMS Mini-STX i3-6100 system, the HD530 is the only video solution and with time-out sleep is wake to a reboot... not very useful. I won't spend time on this.

Just an observation. The macOS Sierra is still too new and has yet to earn the status of a production worthy OS, and I anticipate that it will take at least another two releases to be complete. My opinion.

Good modding,
neil

Have I implemented this correctly? (see attached screenshot) The glitches are still showing on my Gigabyte H170M-DS3H.

Thanks!

SORTED - edited it using a config from the first page a template :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 15.06.08.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 15.06.08.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
For those unfamiliar, since macOS Sierra 10.12 update, Skylake's Intel HD 530 integrated graphics has had certain graphical artifacts or 'glitches' in the upper left corner of the menu bar and elsewhere. This does not occur under OS X El Capitan.

Veteran hacker PikerAlpha has come up with a simple solution that solves the issue for macOS Sierra. This can be done using DSDT, SSDT or via Clover's Devices > Add Properties to inject AAPL,GfxYTile.

For CustoMac Desktops, use MultiBeast's Graphics > HD 530 setting (This includes ig-platform-id of 0x19120000) and add the above code into your Clover config.plist. Reboot and glitches be gone.

:D

Credit/Source:
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/aapl-properties-for-skylake-graphics/

Hey... searching about 4 hours and no solution yet... Many tabs seems like refressing all the time. When i run launchpad i got i annoying lag. This is comming from the onboard graphic card?

With this patch and the latest 10.12.1, do we still have no solution for the 530 sleep wake?

Hi I made a fresh install of Sierra tonight and when I paste the script into my Clover config.plist, the Fixownership don't work
and the boot never starts. Even if its correct (true) in the config.
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<true/>
<key>Inject</key>
<false/>

I have to clear it in Clover boot screen to be able to boot.
Well everything worked perfectly before the glitchfix, so I'm a bit
concerned

well, i just use on config ( before uninstall el capitan ), but now i got glitch, i dunno why..
i use same method using multibeast..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back