Contribute
Register

Skylake HWP Enable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faking CPUID with 0306A0 should disable XCPM, isn't it?

I forgot the most important thing, did not inform you that when Clover HWP method is successfully enabled, XCPM is fully disabled, this method also bypass IGPU ratio limit, means that your IGPU will automatically over clock up to 3.15 GHz while gaming, be careful with CPU temperature, may need larger CPU cooler.

See attached png.

Attachments

• Clover HWP IGPU oc to 3.15 GHz.png
    Clover HWP IGPU oc to 3.15 GHz.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 180
right, I forgot to do that procedure, now I need to figure out which plist file to rename :/ I see two in Resources which to rename?! Both to my sys def which is iMac 17,1
If there´s two plists it the kext then it´s the one from #67
the kext from#88 there´s only one and that´s the one I´m using
I renamed to Mac-B809C3757DA9BB8D for my iMac 17,1

Last edited:
I forgot the most important thing, did not inform you that when Clover HWP method is successfully enabled, XCPM is fully disabled, this method also bypass IGPU ratio limit, means that your IGPU will automatically over clock up to 3.15 GHz while gaming, be careful with CPU temperature, may need larger CPU cooler.

See attached png.
Why are you still using clover for hwp? What's the disadvantage of smbios method for you?

Why are you still using clover for hwp? What's the disadvantage of smbios method for you?

I have 2 units i3 7100 for comparison, one using Clover method, another for test SMBIOS method.

1, SMBIOS method still not good enough for me, higher power consumption and lower CPU utilization on each load step, higher frequency from 0.4 to 1.2 GHz depended on load, compared with Clover method.

2, IGPU frequency is limited at 1.1 GHz with SMBIOS method.

Sometime I need IGPU overclock for video conversion, Clover method can up to 3.15 GHz.
For example, export video from QuickTime, really fast, completed within 10 minutes for 100 minutes video clip, at least 2 time fast than SMBIOS method. Since my IGPU also have deep sleep /wake up issue, therefore Clover method is best for me.

I have 2 units i3 7100 for comparison, one using Clover method, another for test SMBIOS method.

1, SMBIOS method still not good enough for me, higher power consumption and lower CPU utilization on each load step, higher frequency from 0.4 to 1.2 GHz depended on load, compared with Clover method.

2, IGPU frequency is limited at 1.1 GHz with SMBIOS method.

Sometime I need IGPU overclock for video conversion, Clover method can up to 3.15 GHz.
For example, export video from QuickTime, really fast, completed within 10 minutes for 100 minutes video clip, at least 2 time fast than SMBIOS method. Since my IGPU also have deep sleep /wake up issue, therefore Clover method is best for me.
I am shocked to know that you can overclock your intel integrated video card to that high frequency. Is it a error for reporting the wrong number or is it actually that high frequency? Btw, official 10.12.5 release comes out today. Seems intelhdfix and lilu kexts are required for hd 530.

I am shocked to know that you can overclock your intel integrated video card to that high frequency. Is it a error for reporting the wrong number or is it actually that high frequency? Btw, official 10.12.5 release comes out today. Seems intelhdfix and lilu kexts are required for hd 530.

Is real, when I exporting video from QuickTime (100 minute clip), SMBIOS method need about 20 minutes, Clover method need about 8 minutes.

I will test Intel ADGP fix later.

See attached png, look at GT frequency.

Attachments

• Clover HWP with all video effect.png
    Clover HWP with all video effect.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 152

I updated operating system to 10.12.5, HD630 problem still exists, only 0306 port can be used to boot up.

I double checked, Quick Sync Video encode is 1.5 time faster, 120 minute video clip, 1080p h264 convert to 720p mov, 10 vs 15 minutes, LuxMark and Novabench GPU 3D mark results almost as same, it should be software wrong report, do not know why video conversion have different but 3D mark not.

I updated operating system to 10.12.5, HD630 problem still exists, only 0306 port can be used to boot up.

I double checked, Quick Sync Video encode is 1.5 time faster, 120 minute video clip, 1080p h264 convert to 720p mov, 10 vs 15 minutes, LuxMark and Novabench GPU 3D mark results almost as same, it should be software wrong report, do not know why video conversion have different but 3D mark not.
yeah. If the frequency(overclocking) can be manipulated so easily, that would be somewhat horrifying. So your HD630 is working just all right with qe/ci?

I repeat QuickSync encoding tests with both HWP methods, found that Clover method is 1.6 time faster than SMBIOS method, also CPU frequency is much lower, it seems to be mostly at idle, most of the encode processing are done by IGPU, which means that IGPU is really overclocked.

Attachments

• Clover HWP 1080p to 720p.png
    Clover HWP 1080p to 720p.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 217
  • SMBIOS HWP 1080p to 720p.png
    SMBIOS HWP 1080p to 720p.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 237
yeah. If the frequency(overclocking) can be manipulated so easily, that would be somewhat horrifying. So your HD630 is working just all right with qe/ci?

I think it is really overclocked but not sure is 3.15 GHz or not.

In SMBIOS method test, IGPU clock reach the highest 1.05 GHz and CPU clock closed to 3 GHz, result is round 16 minutes.

In Clover method test, IGPU clock show 3.15 GHz (may be incorrect), CPU clock mostly close to 0.8 GHz, result within 10 minutes, single IGPU can perform video encoding 1.5 time faster than SMBIOS method (CPU + IGPU)

Yes, my HD630 work fine, except 0105 and 0204 port issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back