Contribute
Register

Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be curious if the latest OS X update today made a difference. Apparently they made changes to the drivers for the video. Any brave sole want to try and report back? I would give it a try but want to make sure I have a clear plan for applying or reapplying the nvme hack from rehabman.

You can update safely with NVMe class-code spoof in place and then just remake the NVMe hack kext after the update.. I was worried about it but it worked faultlessly... Not test my 530 sleep yet although I can report that my screen sleeps and wakes with no issues using DisplayPort but it before the update anyway.

Any chance for more detailed explanation on how are you doing it?

Thanks guys, does that apply if we are not using SSD? I am also using the DVI port for my HD530. So far my monitor wakes up properly without any patches.

Last edited:
I am using an HP ProDesk 400 G3 MicroTower with i6500 (HD530) that wouldn't even make it to the installer, but was able to get it to load the OS by swapping the hard drive into another Mac and installing and updating the OS to 10.11.06 on the SSD that way and then running MultiBeast on it. After I swapped the drive back into the machine, I was able to get it to boot and am running off the display port. For now, I've got power management/sleep mode turned off, but I can reproduce the problem of the monitor not wanting to wake back up just by turning off the monitor and trying to turn it back on. I haven't found a fix for this yet, but I did figure out that if I am on the login screen, I can get the monitor to wake back up by double tapping the Num Lock key and then hitting Enter afterwards. This however doesn't work when you're actually inside the OS.

Last edited:
So is the bottom line that the HD530 will not wake up when the system wakes up? I've tried VGA, DVI, and HDMI and the result is the same on all 3 connections. When my system wakes up, the display does not wake up and the system ends up reseting itself.

So is the bottom line that the HD530 will not wake up when the system wakes up? I've tried VGA, DVI, and HDMI and the result is the same on all 3 connections. When my system wakes up, the display does not wake up and the system ends up reseting itself.
Yes :( The intel graphics policy kext causes a kernel panic on wake...

Is there no way fix the sleep / wake issue?
Which is the cheapest good working graphic card for Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back