CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OCV1
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I am sorry that ideabit's solution (#141) does not work for me with the issue of being unable to wake after sleep. Before applying his solution, I could still wake up my M/B and its fans by pressing any key, just no display signal. After applying his solution, pressing any key won't wake up even my M/B and fans. Maybe my modification of config.plist did not get it right. Would ideabit or anybody else please take a look at my config.plist? Thanks a lot.

CPU: Intel I7-6700K
M/B: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5
Graphics: integrated Intel HD 530
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR4-3000 8G * 2
Wi-Fi & Bluetooth: BCM94360CD PCI-E Card

Attachments

Motherboard
ASRock H170m-itx/ac
CPU
Intel Core i5 6500
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 530
I am sorry that ideabit's solution does not work for me with the issue of being unable to wake after sleep. Before applying his solution, I could still wake up my M/B and its fans by pressing any key, just no display signal. .......
You may press the Power Button to wake up computer.

This behaviour is effected by command pmset. Restore it by run command `sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0`

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OCV1
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
You may press the Power Button to wake up computer.

This behaviour is effected by command pmset. Restore it by run command `sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0`
Hello ideabit, thank you very much for your kind help. I followed every step of your solution, restarted, logged in, waited for several minutes, and then click Apple menu > Sleep to test the sleep/wake function. The display got blank immediately and after about 10 or more seconds, the fans in my machine and the debugging LED on my motherboard were all tuned off. I don't know whether my machine was now sleeping or shut down. I pressed the Power Button, and my machine just rebooted by firstly displaying Gigabyte motherboard Logo, instead of waking up my Hackintosh directly. After logging in again, my previously opened applications' windows were not restored. So the waking function still does not work.

Motherboard
ASRock H170m-itx/ac
CPU
Intel Core i5 6500
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 530
...... my previously opened applications' windows were not restored. So the waking function still does not work.
By default, the hibernate mode is 0. You can get it by this command

Bash:
pmset -g | grep hibernatemode
I've tried two modes, but only mode 25 works:

1) 0 - Sleep
Bash:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
In this case, power off fans and disks, but memory and MB is still power on. My hackintosh can sleep successfully, I can wake it up by pressing keyboard, mouse or power button. But like yours, it will be failed to wake up, then reboot automatically. In my syslog, it will give such error:
Code:
Unsynchronized TSC for cpu...
I've seen somewhere, this error can be fixed by updating UEFI firmware. But I'm afraid of bricking my MB, so I choose another mode.
NOTE: I've tried VoodooTSCSync.kext with RehabMan's FakePCIID, but not work for OSX 10.11.5+.

2) 25 - hibernate
Bash:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25
In this case, all are powered off, the contents of memory writes to disk, and restored after waking up by pressing Power button. Obviously only Power button can wake it up, as all are powered off.

Hi all,
If i use a compatible discrete graphics card and use the hdmi out from the motherboard, will it wake from sleep?my idea is to buy the cheapest card to get the wake from sleep working and not to use the card's output which will be worse than the integrated gpu hd 530.

Thanks.

wildwillow

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
Hi all,
If i use a compatible discrete graphics card and use the hdmi out from the motherboard, will it wake from sleep?my idea is to buy the cheapest card to get the wake from sleep working and not to use the card's output which will be worse than the integrated gpu hd 530.

Thanks.
If you're looking to buy a discreet GPU then my advice would be to get one with better performance and compatibility than HD530. There is a hierarchy chart here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/best-graphics-performance-october-2016-hierarchy-chart-by-toms-hardware.81325/

You can see where your HD530 currently compare against discreet GPU's from the chart and depending on budget you can see what card you could stretch too. This way you could get good graphics performance and move away from HD530 altogether. Best compatibility in macOS Sierra would be Nvidia at this time.
Graphics Cards

Be aware that just adding a graphics won't automatically allow your system to sleep/wake. There may be factors preventing sleep/wake but at this time HD530 would be the main factor.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming ITX
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
IGP HD 530
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have my Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac running pretty stable on Sierra. I put this together in December and have been running into the issue of the display coming back from display sleep. The machine crashes on sleep, so i have turned that off and just set the display to go to sleep after 15min. Sometimes when i try to bring the screen back on after the screen has gone blank, I am getting a WindowServer crash showing up under Sierra's System Reports in the console. At which point, my machine is not able to turn back the monitor. I have tried turning off and on the monitor but no luck. One time, I actually got some sort of signal with a distorted green colored splash screen. No Mac desktop.

I am using the built in HD 530 video on i6700k. I have acceleration working with the HD 530 fix in MultiBeast. I also have the upper left menu bar video glitch fix in place. From the crash report, it looks like a graphics problem. If I use the HDMI 2.0 or DP that provides 4K in 60Hz i get this problem every time screen is put to sleep(either via hot corners or via system sleep). On regular HDMI with 4K in 30Hz it happens but not that often. I have to restart as even the shutdown shortcut on the Mac does not shut the machine down. I hear a beep though and no shutdown. I have attached the content of the crash.

"Assertion failed: (false && "10 seconds of continuous GPU Driver unreadiness, relaunching WindowServer"), function void IMGGraphicsStackReadinessFailure(), file Server/Windows/Updater.cc, line 2860."

Anyone have experience with resolving this? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Motherboard
linux
CPU
i7
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Anyone have experience with resolving this? Help would be greatly appreciated.
My situation is the same, also waiting for a solution. Searched for it extensively at the end of December, did not find one.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Core i5-6600K
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 OC
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Looks like PikerAlpha is working on something. I currently don't use a DSDT so I'm going to give his solution a try (and see if it breaks my system)

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2017/01/12/debugging-sleep-issues/

Bah using the SSDT/DSDT posted it kernel panics my system. I guess I'll turn off sleep until I track down a Display Port cable.

Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI B150M Pro-VDH
CPU
Core i7 6700k
Graphics
ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android