Contribute
Register

Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good idea! Let's try it

My experience is with HD630, but since they're relatively similar: have you tried sleep/wake without any running apps? For me, my system wakes fine more than half the time when chrome is not running, while it never comes back when chrome is visible. Some more details: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...aphics-is-sleep-possible.222638/#post-1550215

My current hypothesis is that the guc firmware is needed to make sleep/wake work reliably. See e.g., the change notes at https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/kabylake-guc-9.14.

I've been trying to figure out why the firmware refuses to load, by comparing the code to the i915 gpu/drm implementation in the linux kernel, but have not made much progress.

mine is same regardless of what runs

Just wanted to point out--there's a new Clover Configurator update which has the option "HibernationFixup" under the boot tab. Enable this, save the config.plist, and restart your computer. FIXED!
Did this and it seem to work for now. Thank you!
Will watch it and tell...

Not working here with Displayport. Still never wakes up. :(

Just wanted to point out--there's a new Clover Configurator update which has the option "HibernationFixup" under the boot tab. Enable this, save the config.plist, and restart your computer. FIXED!
Have you upgraded to High Sierra before doing this?

Have you upgraded to High Sierra before doing this?
No, I am running Sierra, haven't upgraded to High Sierra yet. And I should note I'm using an HDMI cable to connect to a TV.

Also, one thing I discovered today--Hibernate works with the fixup if you simply leave your Mac inactive for a number of hours, however if you put your computer to sleep manually (by going to shutdown and selecting sleep) it causes problems like not being able to boot past the Clover bootup screenand requiring a boot (or at least starting to boot) from a Unibeast USB installer.

Last edited:
had no problem with wake up under Sierra.
But now under High Sierra sometimes the system is hanging after wakeup. No reaction to keyboard or mose. Screen ist frozen. Tried to fix it with an USB-SSDT an with fixwakeup flag under Clover. Both did not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back