Contribute
Register

Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
My machine works fine going into sleep and waking (I use darkwake=0 and HibernationFixup) but when I turn off the monitor manually then it won't wake upon turning it back on.

To solve this I was using VNC Viewer to remote in from another PC and changing the resolution but I have come up with a slightly better solution for now.

Using SwitchResX I added two "Display Sets" with hotkeys. ⌘F11 sets the display mode to "1080p60 (NTSC)" and ⌘F12 sets it to "1080p60 (NTSC) (HiDPI)". So when I switch the monitor back on I just press ⌘F11 to get the screen to wake then ⌘F12 to go back to 4k.

It's not a perfection solution of course but for now it works.

Attachments

• WakeUp.png
    WakeUp.png
    277.7 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Here is my config.plis.

thank you for this. I have the same motherboard. I checked what differences you have basically just a few DSDT methods for patching so I Could get shutdown working. I have dual monitors now working with start/shutdown but I could not get sleep to work. Im using same options as you have stated. Please can you share screenshots of each of your bios settings?

With dual monitors there is no shutdown/sleep/restart working at all. But at least I have 2 monitors working on startup without having to hotplug anything.

Using his config plist on same mobo with CSM disabled allows you to spec AMI default and set to DVI only so hdmi will come on after bootup.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity I unticked "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" and now when I power cycle the monitor manually it wakes correctly!

EDIT: This option appears to crash my PC when it goes into sleep so I've put it back.

Last edited:
Hi, i work with DP and not working for me, black screen and reboot :thumbdown

HS 10.13.1 - HD530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back