Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
uiane said:
ok, now i'm getting a little pissed off with this mac thing...

I can't fill the "destination" field. so I can't restore.
I have a DMG file AND the DVD drive with SL.

wtf ?
-------------------
forget about it... had to drag n drop and worked...
*LOL* :lol:

uiane said:
ok, now i'm getting a little pissed off with this mac thing...

I can't fill the "destination" field. so I can't restore.
I have a DMG file AND the DVD drive with SL.

wtf ?
-------------------
forget about it... had to drag n drop and worked...

Yeah, the secret with OSX is not to over-think things. Remember that it is an OS designed for people who are tired of doing complex things in Windows and who aren't brave enough to switch to Linux. :D

Everything in OSX is simplified, sometimes to the point of irritation. Patience required at times.

i have found some strange issues ....

i use System Info (in the attachment) for testing purposes with my 9800 GT n then with my GTX 460 , with both cards ma system works with full resolution and Qe/Ci

with the 9800GT i got this results :

9800GT_1.tiff

9800GT_2.tiff

and with ma GTX 460 this results :
GTX460_1.tiff

GTX460_2.tiff

u can see that the VendorID n the Device ID on the 460s results are switched and none of the NVidia kexts are loaded like with the 9800GT ....

can that be a reason for the Freezes of the 4.. series cards ?

regards n sorry for ma crappy English

OiWarning

Attachments

• System Info.app.zip
    370 KB · Views: 57
OiWarning said:

i use System Info (in the attachment) for testing purposes with my 9800 GT n then with my GTX 460 , with both cards ma system works with full resolution and Qe/Ci .......................

u can see that the VendorID n the Device ID on the 460s results are switched and none of the NVidia kexts are loaded like with the 9800GT ....

OiWarning

Interesting. The extensions do show up as expected if you use System Profiler:

extensions.jpg

Maybe a bug in the System Info program? I would think that if the kexts are not loaded, we wouldn't get proper resolutions / accelerations.

OiWarning said:

Is this of any importance?

In NVDAGF100Hal.kext/Contents/info.plist is:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>
0x06c010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0dc010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x0e2010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0ee010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0f0010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x104010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x108010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
</string>

My GTS 450 Device ID is 0dc4, do I need to change the 0dc0 above to odc4 for a proper match?

derFunkenstein said:
karacho said:
derFunkenstein said:
UGH the kernel panics. That is all. :lol:
Well, if not more **** happens... :lol:
Indeed it does.

It's weird, I got everything stable. Then I installed STarcraft II and my kernel panics seem to only happen when I'm trying to complete the update. Otherwise it seems stable enough. Not sure what that would have to do with the video card, maybe it's something else. Hmm.
OK I gave up. It was never stable. Kernel panics doing much more than just trying to update/play Starcraft II. I ended up returning the card (got it at Best Buy on sale at a very reasonable price). Bought a closeout PNY GTS250 ($129, in line with the same card's price on Newegg, so I'll take it) and slapped it in. BAMF totally stable.

uiane said:
still waiting...for the thumb restore with SL disc...
That's very strange. I do it here for testing and it ended up in 28 mins. How old is your USB stick? Maybe you had use it very often in the past, so the writespeed decrease on that sticks. You can proof this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLIjDAbX ... re=related It seems that's much easyer as an installation from an USB-Stick

With this method in the video you install OSX directly to your HD from an existing installation. In this case you must connect your HD (with an adaptor) on which you like to install OSX to an USB Port on the existing installation. If you go on with this method, keep in mind to choose the right drive for installing ;)

EDIT:This could be interresting -> viewtopic.php?f=54&t=9846
Don't have a look at his Hardware specs. Important is the way how he did it. And don't check all the thing's he mentioned in step 4. and 5.because he use an ATI GFX card and another MoBo. I guess you know what you have to check

OiWarning said:

i use System Info (in the attachment) for testing purposes with my 9800 GT n then with my GTX 460 , with both cards ma system works with full resolution and Qe/Ci

9800GT_1.tiff

9800GT_2.tiff

and with ma GTX 460 this results :
GTX460_1.tiff

GTX460_2.tiff

OiWarning
I can't see any Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back