Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

The iBoot GE not works for me. :banghead: How can i fix my GTS 450? I want to use 1920x1080. Plz help me! :cry:

I tired, only works the iBoot Legacy with chameleon V2.0 -RC5 r594, what do i do?

I get a Kernel Panic trying to boot from iBoot-GE. I can get to the boot select option, but selecting either iBoot-GE or my existing SL install (10.6.4 which worked 100% with 9800GT) results in KP every time.

Short of removing the drive, putting it in an external enclosure, connecting to my MBP, and installing 10.6.5, Chameleon RC5, and the nVidia drivers to the drive, is there anything else I can try?

EDIT: I should mention that I'm trying to go to a GTX 470 1280mb card

maxawesome said:
I get a Kernel Panic trying to boot from iBoot-GE. I can get to the boot select option, but selecting either iBoot-GE or my existing SL install (10.6.4 which worked 100% with 9800GT) results in KP every time.

Short of removing the drive, putting it in an external enclosure, connecting to my MBP, and installing 10.6.5, Chameleon RC5, and the nVidia drivers to the drive, is there anything else I can try?

Try booting using -x.

MacMan said:
maxawesome said:

Try booting using -x.

To be clear, I should boot from iBoot-GE, select my existing SL install (10.6.4) then type -x and hit enter to boot? This should work? I tried doing this with -v -x PciRoot=1 and got fairly far but got the same Kernel Panic as before (pmap_mem_steal or something). Will try using just -x and post results.

hello friends...
the last tip of installing SL from another mac was good, it worked, but to boot up, I need to use Iboot GE (no parameters needed), and video, memory and proc, all being correctly identified, I just don't know what to do to make the PC bootable, I was thinking in installing UserDSDT and CHameleon pre.
Spec again:

DP55WB (latest bios)
Intel Core i6 760
2x2GB DDR3 1333
bios optimal + ahci + hpet
hd sata 1
CD rom sata 0

do i have to rename de aml file on my desktop ?

to dsdt.aml ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back