Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
uiane said:
nope, did not work....

Your signature states 6 gigs of RAM? If you're doing a fresh install, you have to install with only 4, and then you can stick the other RAM in once you patch with MultiBeast.

Also, you need to purchase OS X and not use a distro.

beelzebozo said:
Ok, I finally figured out the steps to install my GTX 470:

1. I used iBoot-GE with boot exception -v -x PciRoot=1 exactly in this mixed case to test being able to install fresh on my test partition. I was able to get the installation wizard and installed fine. Once my PC restarted, I had to enter -v -x PciRoot=1 again to boot.
Exactly the same i wrote here -> Telling me to reboot after iBoot disk But that guy havn't any luck at all. Do you think it could happened by the order sequence of the arguments?

beelzebozo said:
uiane said:
nope, did not work....

Your signature states 6 gigs of RAM? If you're doing a fresh install, you have to install with only 4, and then you can stick the other RAM in once you patch with MultiBeast.

I don't see an signature...and i wasn't on his Profile since yet. Enable "show signature" may be an good idea though.
Also, you need to purchase OS X and not use a distro.
:thumbup:

Yes, i'm using a original SL DVD.
and the computer i'm trying to install is NOT the one in my sig. I listed the hardware in page 27 or 28.

specs again :

intel Dp55Wb
Core i5 760
2x2gb DDR3 1333 (using only 2gb at install)
1TB samsung at SATA 1
DVDRW samsung at sata 0
optimal settings + ahci + hpet.

uiane said:
Yes, i'm using a original SL DVD.
and the computer i'm trying to install is NOT the one in my sig. I listed the hardware in page 27 or 28.

specs again :

intel Dp55Wb
Core i5 760
2x2gb DDR3 1333 (using only 2gb at install)
1TB samsung at SATA 1
DVDRW samsung at sata 0
optimal settings + ahci + hpet.
Have you keep in mind my suggestion from the former page, to install OSX from an USB stick?

yes, I do have a 8gb stick, and a external samsung DVDRW.
and 1 friend with a mac book air.

so, how does it work ?

i'll need my DVD and the stick anda that's it ?
i'm going to give him a call right now!

uiane said:
yes, I do have a 8gb stick, and a external samsung DVDRW.
and 1 friend with a mac book air.

so, how does it work ?

i'll need my DVD and the stick anda that's it ?
i'm going to give him a call right now!
Yep. On an running OSX system insert the Retail OSX install DVD and connect your USB stick. Run Disk Utility and Selct your stick on the left pane, partition it new with one partition and choose under options GUID. Filesystem should be HFS+ Journaled, label it SL Install (for example). If partitioning is finished, select the Retail on the left pane and klick on restore, select where to restore (in that case your former prepared stick) and go on. This may take a while, 20-30 min. If your stick is ready, get him and connect him to the stubborn computer. Boot with iBoot and do like you would do an installation from an DVD but in this case you slect the stick. Keep in mind that iBoot must be inserted for installation. You can give the previously discussed parameters like -v or -x or PciRoot=1 or all together if ther'e any issues. Good Luck man :D

ok, now i'm getting a little pissed off with this mac thing...

I can't fill the "destination" field. so I can't restore.
I have a DMG file AND the DVD drive with SL.

wtf ?
-------------------
forget about it... had to drag n drop and worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back