Register

Sierra & Safari: Freezing and reboot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I got this right.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 154
Mount EFI, copy Clover folder to the desktop. Remove themes, right click on Clover folder compress attach.
I hope I got this right. Sorry. I think I may have posted twice on this.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 135
I hope I got this right. Sorry. I think I may have posted twice on this.

GTX 970 requires Nvidia Web Drivers. You don't have Nvidia Web in config you still have (inject intel) True in config.

GTX 970 requires Nvidia Web Drivers. You don't have Nvidia Web in config you still have (inject intel) True in config.
So change Inject Intel to Inject NVidia in the Config List?

So change Inject Intel to Inject NVidia in the Config List?

Boot with nv_disable=1 install nvidia web drivers, add NvidiaWeb to config & remove (inject intel). Reboot. Should look something like this.

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 22.54.29.png

Boot with nv_disable=1 install nvidia web drivers, add NvidiaWeb to config & remove (inject intel). Reboot. Should look something like this.

View attachment 230584
Hello, I just did this and it does fix the video freezes but now when I boot into OS X it takes an additional 15 to 20 seconds now. The bar moves very fast but when it gets to the middle it slows down.

Hello, I just did this and it does fix the video freezes but now when I boot into OS X it takes an additional 15 to 20 seconds now. The bar moves very fast but when it gets to the middle it slows down.

Have you disabled onboard iGPU in the BIOS?

The HD4600 patch didn't work for my HD5200 so I'm trying the following patch (based on this post). I'll report back if I get another freeze.

EDIT: So far no crashes :)

Code:
           <dict>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelHD5000Graphics</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>McBIiYVo////6aT5//8=</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>McBIiYVo////6agAAAA=</data>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Fix video playback freeze</string>
            </dict>

Last edited:
Okay I figured it out. Managed to do it perfectly. Your instructions really worked!!! Finally, I can use safari now in peace!!! Thousand thanks @hemon
(Kexttopatch method in clover)

:headbang::headbang::headbang:
what you did after adding the fields in clover config?
sorry a newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back