Contribute
Register

Sierra & Safari: Freezing and reboot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
really? no one?

I came here for the exact same thing.

This is what i have

I updated to sierra and now when playing some videos on Safari browser it freeze the whole computer and i have to restart. This happen with some videos, Youtube it`s fine.

I already uninstalled flash and reinstall it. Same issue. I tried with flash uninstalled, same issue.

I tried this on Chrome and chrome works perfect for all videos, so it has to be something with Safari but i can`t just reinstall safari.

new to mac, not sure how to troubleshoot.

I already ran malwarebytes, found one threat, deleted, but problem persist.

BTW i also found this thread. Seems to be a known issue by now.

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/53tbzn/safari_freezes_the_hackintosh_with_sierra/

well i just tried safe mode and it doesn't display the video. I also tried on a different user, nothing installed on that one and it still fails. I`m really close on giving up on my hackintosh. with this issue is unusable.
any ideas?

Same thing happening with me. Safari worked fine in El Capitan, now in Sierra it freezes the system randomly. I can also navigate to one particular web page, and it crashes every time. It's annoying, and no-one seems to have a fix at the moment.

I'm resigned to using Chrome for now, which works flawlessly. I'll keep checking back to see if there are any new suggestions. Other than that, upgrading to Sierra was the easiest update I've ever done, with no other issues.

I`m actually thinking on going back to El Capitan. I don`t really want to use a different browser and browsing is 70% of what i do on the computer.

I just updated from El Capitan and I was having the exact same problem, especifically when I get a Facebook message, so I thought it was something wrong with the upgrade. I made a fresh install and it continues. I'm using Chrome now, but the browser I like and the one I use in my other devices is Safari and I really don't plan on changing it. I also noticed that if you are listening to music or doing anything with sound it enters a loop (like, it plays the last 2 seconds or so over and over again). Hope someone can tell us how to fix it or it solves in next update!

There are a few other thread about this issue on ****** and sierra support subforum. So we are not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back